You can type here any text you want

Engine build and good builder

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tdishon

I'm keeping the 3.8 in my car while I get a replacement built.
I am considering either 3.8, 4.1 or a TA aluminum block.
I'm also looking for a good builder that knows Buicks.
The car will never see the strip, but I want it able to be do a respectable 0-60 in the 3 second range.
3.5 being the target. Just want to keep up with my buddys ZR1...
I guess a daily driven sleep.
Any advice?
Not really a strict budget, but quality, performance and reliability.
Good turbo, forged assembly and guirdle. Not sure about the heads either.
Wanted to contact Kack Merkel (NJ), but suspect he is no longer in business.

Might want to check with Nick @ Arizona GN. He is here on the board.

Third recommendation for Nick Micale. He built my 4.1 for my GN. You are lucky to be in Phoenix.

Heskahoka said:
Third recommendation for Nick Micale. He built my 4.1 for my GN. You are lucky to be in Phoenix.

Heskahoka,

Is this Mike from NM? If it is, I was at Nick's when you were picking up your 4.1 back in late December. I must say you have an awesome engine. Nick did a great job. Hope everything is going good.

-David

Yep, That is me. You are right, Nick built me a heck of a motor. It is running strong and I still have a bunch of tuning left in it. Nice talking to you again David.

Nick is your man. Right near you also .A 3.5 zero to sixty is a tough feat for an unballasted rear wheel drive car at any power level on the street. Driver technique and suspension will determine zero to sixty potential

Great resource! Thanks. Nick it is. I guess 0-60 is just a general idea. My real goal is to beat my corvette friends. Z06 and ZR1 in the group.

Tell 'em to turn off traction control to make it fair. Then watch all the cars on ice.

Nick
Great resource! Thanks. Nick it is. I guess 0-60 is just a general idea. My real goal is to beat my corvette friends. Z06 and ZR1 in the group.
nick is a great guy n knows his stuff. Great to deal with.

Nick has the car right now, just tuning and upgrading the fuel pump, etc. Then it is suspension upgrade time. Holding off on the 4.1 build for the meantime until the rest of the car is ready to handle it. Nick prefers the 4.1 build. Says it is like night and day.

I'm in Phoenix too.

We'll have to meet up at Nick's sometime.

That sounds good. I've been stopping by the car get-together at 67th & Bell on Sat night. This weekend might be a lil too hot tho for a good turn out.

Back