You can type here any text you want

engine diapers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Twin70BB

Looking for one to put on my stage 2 car.Has anyone purchased one yet to install.

Tony

I called TA perforamce today and the guy on the other side of the line didn`t know what an engine diaper was so i explained it to him.He p;ut me on hold and said they didn`t know but told me to call Nick M.I called but no call back.So i guess this is going to be harder than i thought .

Tony

We are working on a diaper to fit the turbo Buicks. The pattern has been sent back to the company to make the necessary mods.

One concern is the crossover pipe, and they say material to withstand the heat is available.

Hopefully in a few weeks we should have the first one installed on a local GN. Production units should follow quickly.:)

Sorry, I have been VERY busy today, and just returned to my desk.

diapers suck!

The complexity of the GN application of an engine diaper is very complex, mainly because of our header/crossover situation. The price quotes for these is also out of sight since a very high temp material is required.:mad:

This has directed our efforts in a different direction to comply with the new NHRA oil retention rules. The simple option from an engine diaper, which many racers have opted to do, is a belly pan.:)

We have been working on a belly pan design to fit a GN for a few weeks, and have developed an acceptable and working unit. Sunday I brought it with me to the track to show the track manager and the tech director. They both gave their full approval for its use.:D

We plan to have the pro-type details finished within a few days so that it can go into production. Our local track mandatory deadline is May 1 to have all 9.99 sec and faster cars with an engine oil retention system.

Nick, What about the cross over pipe and the belly pan? Wouldn't the oil still be in the same area?

Jason, not sure I understand your question?

The problem with the diaper, it must wrap around the crossover pipe. It must have an oil absorbent liner also like the belly pan. I am not in favor of a liner soaking up oil and being wrapped around the HOT crossover pipe.:eek:

With our belly pan, the absorbent material is shielded, and spaced away from the crossover.

Lots of other downsides with a diaper such as the time and trouble of taking it on and off, even for an oil change. In the warmer weather, cooling down between rounds will be a chore, if even possible?

Also, our price is projected to be about 1/2 that of the diapers I have priced.:)

Here's an idea for you guys:

A drip pan, some sheet metal screws and the absorbent material. :biggrin: :biggrin:

drippan.jpg

sheetmetalscrews.jpg

maxipad.jpg

The complexity of the GN application of an engine diaper is very complex, mainly because of our header/crossover situation. The price quotes for these is also out of sight since a very high temp material is required.:mad:

This has directed our efforts in a different direction to comply with the new NHRA oil retention rules. The simple option from an engine diaper, which many racers have opted to do, is a belly pan.:)

We have been working on a belly pan design to fit a GN for a few weeks, and have developed an acceptable and working unit. Sunday I brought it with me to the track to show the track manager and the tech director. They both gave their full approval for its use.:D

We plan to have the pro-type details finished within a few days so that it can go into production. Our local track mandatory deadline is May 1 to have all 9.99 sec and faster cars with an engine oil retention system.

Hey Nick,

Any progress on the Buick V6 engine diaper ( belly pan) ??

George, in ALBERTA

Nick, Let me know what you come up with. I would like to run the Milan HU class and they require one. Next race is 7/31 and if you had something I would take it. Doesn't have to meet SFI spec.

We have belly pans installed on a few local cars, a a couple elsewhere in the country, and am ready to ship one to a customer overseas. :)

There has been a lot of time spent in design and development to arrive at a rather simple solution. I am sure others will copy our work, so I am going to be "selective" in the initial sales since I know the China vendors can duplicate this at a fraction of what we have in it. :(

With that said, George and Chris, you can e-mail me direct or call, and I will be glad to work with you. Other Buick owners are welcome to do the same.

Units are available for immediate shipping. :cool:

My car could have been sponsored by Huggies for the amount of oil it has leaked over it's lifetime.....:D
If you don't want to use your Stage block George, I would be happy to run it for you.....hehe
Sean

My car could have been sponsored by Huggies for the amount of oil it has leaked over it's lifetime.....:D
If you don't want to use your Stage block George, I would be happy to run it for you.....hehe
Sean

That is funny .....:eek: Maybe someday ;)

George

We have belly pans installed on a few local cars, a a couple elsewhere in the country, and am ready to ship one to a customer overseas. :)

There has been a lot of time spent in design and development to arrive at a rather simple solution. I am sure others will copy our work, so I am going to be "selective" in the initial sales since I know the China vendors can duplicate this at a fraction of what we have in it. :(

With that said, George and Chris, you can e-mail me direct or call, and I will be glad to work with you. Other Buick owners are welcome to do the same.

Units are available for immediate shipping. :cool:

Nick, I received the pan and although it needed some customizing, it fitted just fine. Some advice also for further improving: absorbing material would need some attaching possibilities as it moved to a back end of the pan due to wind and flexplate shredded it a bit and crossover pipe melted it. But as I said it is a very good solution and I recommend it 100%:smile:

Just a suggestion as I'm not a fan of diapers. I installed a Don Davis Bellypan/oil containment device on my Pro-Stock/Comp Eliminator car and in my opinion is a better option than the diaper and is way cheaper than the carbon fiber units from Rick Jones/Bickel etc. Heat/closed quarters etc makes a huge mess, especially if you run a dry sump set up.
Just my two cents hittin the floor!
Tom

Back