You can type here any text you want

Engine dimensional drawings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
Does anyone have any dimensional drawings of the 3.8. Front timing cover bolt pattern, bellhousing bolt pattern, oil pan bolt pattern (20 bolt prefered), valve cover pattern, etc...

I've got some parts I want to make and I need bolt patterns. I can put the block on my mill and indicate all the holes and find dimensions, but it shure would be nice if someone already had them on paper. Do any of the old buick powersource books have that info?

I believe that the power source book has them in it as well as one other book. "How to hotrod your Buick V6" by HP books. I just looked and they're in it.

Oh, the power of the internet.

I used a quick google search to find a downloadable version of the "How to Hot Rod you Buick V6". I tried to upload it but it said I was missing the security token..... I don't know what that is, but I can only assume it has something to do with copyrights. If you send me a PM I will email it to you or you can just use the same link I did. I will also post this in another thread for all to enjoy. Download it and print out as many copies as you wish. This way you don't have to worry about getting an original all messed up.

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Rick.Bailey-How.To.Hotrod.Your.Buick.V6.rar

Charlie is right.

You could just buy it. A book will probably last longer than a digital copy. Computers crash.

On a side note....If you do wish to download it you may have to also download winace archiver its a simple program that extracts compressed files. It is also a free download. Just google search that too.

I've had my copy for over 20 years now and it's a little rough but I can still refer back to it. One of my friends gave me a power source book a few years ago and have used both of them for reference many times.

Thanks guys. This will save me a lot of time. I kinda doubted they were that accessible, but I figured I would try anyways.

Back