You can type here any text you want

engine id info neaded for aussie lad

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
thats what i got to work with it the moment the supercharger is a eaton 90 and the turbo on the left is a custom t72 with gt 42 garret compressor and a .84 hot side with a .60 cold side, the big turbo is a fully rebuilt garret ta51 with a t04z 1.32 hot side and a .65 cold side bloody huge it was for my rotary but change of mind , i have to take the manifold to my machinist and see if he can whip it up into a injection other than that i will buy one of those ta performance ones when i order some parts next august, going to start porting the heads next 2 weeks then get get flow benched

thanks again all this info is mighty helpfull, as there isnt much info hear in australia , i still got find a good machinist yet to get it tunnel bored and balanced when i get a new set of caps , as i am chasing 600hp at rear which should be done with this block hopefully with a set of main caps good pistons and a block girdle, do i need to go all out with the ta performance bearing and up grade rocker gear aswell

i will put pics up as i go , what section should the build go in, so i dont clog up the wrong forumn

Since you're going injected I'd say put it in the hybred section. Basically if it's not a Regal then that would be where it needs to go. If it was carbed then I'd say leave it here.

hi charlie as you said the 3.8 and the 4.1 used same block , so whats a safe bore limit for the 3.8 can it be oversize to 4.1 or do i just re sleeve it

You can't bore the 3.8 out to 4.1 bore size. The max bore on a 3.8 is 3.860 and the 4.1 has a bigger bore than that. If you're planning on using forced induction then I wouldn't go past .030 on the block to keep the integrity of the engine. You can get forged pistons up to .040 but over .030 I'd have he block sonic tested to make sure it's good.

i thought 30 thou as that's as far as i take a 351 clevo out , but what i meant was if they are the same casting can i put new cast iron sleeves in to accept 4.1 pistons with out weakening the block , thanks again charlie for the info,and just another quick question is it worth the expense of going ta performance high performance bearings and rods and pistons ,as i am going to put 20 psi boost though it and want it to last its not a drag car just a good solid cruiser with some pedal when i need it as ta have a nice stud girdle kit as well, cheers

You'd take to much matereal out to put the 4.1 sleeve in. It would make the block unstable.

You have a 1982 Turbo Motor.

No difference between the NA and turbo bare blocks.

It's a 3.8, the 4.1 is a different block. Larger bore, but otherwise the same.

A 3.8 can't be made into a 4.1.

No real need to bore for more displacement. If you going that far, find a 4.1 block and build that. Build a solid Buick V6 and worry more about running more boost without knock more so than the displacement. There are plenty of FAST 3.8's out there.

Back