You can type here any text you want

engine knock please help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bayboy87natl

i have a 85 buick gn sorry if im on wrong forum.My wife took the gn to walmart will she came home and the engine was knocking come to find out she used 87 octane about 4 gallons .Please help

What kind of "help" are you looking for? W/o knowing the details, it's near impossible to tell what REALLY happened.
No reason for the 87 to make it knock, UNDER NORMAL DRIVING.....
If she felt the need to sho off, then that's a different story. [Especially, if the tank was close to empty.]
If it's still knocking while idling... Sumptin wong.:eek:
She put gas in it, did she check the oil, too?

What kind of "help" are you looking for? W/o knowing the details, it's near impossible to tell what REALLY happened.
No reason for the 87 to make it knock, UNDER NORMAL DRIVING.....
If she felt the need to sho off, then that's a different story. [Especially, if the tank was close to empty.]
If it's still knocking while idling... Sumptin wong.:eek:
She put gas in it, did she check the oil, too?
i was 2 quarts low on oil i added oil and the rattling settled also i have the pcv valve stem halfway in hole i cant manage to push it in ,all my fluids are good

Sounds like step one is to do an oil change and install an oil pressure gauge. If there's coolant in the oil, you can put off the gauge for a little while.

" If there's coolant in the oil, you can put off the gauge for a little while."
Like that part!
2 qts low.............I guess the 87 octane had no "bearing" on the problem.....

id slice the oil filter open and look at the media real close...

2 quarts low oil and making noise would have me chitting bricks

Then it's time to explore oil pressure. If topping up the oil made the engine quieter, you might have been gulping air and putting it into the lifters. It doesn't take much pressure to keep them quiet but if you're on the ragged edge I guess running the oil level at 60% might have caused it.

How long does it take for the 'OIL' light to go out after starting the car.

Don't let your wife drive the car again. Learn to check your oil level-often. Drain out the gas and get 93 in it.

Every time my girl has been in my car she gets boost setting 0. AKA- Passenger seat

My wife won't even touch the car let alone sit in it or drive it.

Ever since she got my GS400 stuck in the middle of the road [in front of our house I might add]she killed the battery because she had never driven anything with a carb before, and just kept turning it over until she killed it.

She said she will never take any of my buick sluts for a ride again and won't even ride in them with me.

As long as my buicks are the only whores I have she's happy and I have her blessings.:D

"She said she will never take any of my buick sluts for a ride again and won't even ride in them with me." That makes it "safer" for the GF to ride!:D

She said she will never take any of my buick sluts for a ride again and won't even ride in them with me." That makes it "safer" for the GF to ride!:D

Hence this quote :
As long as my buicks are the only whores I have she's happy and I have her blessings.:D

The only rearend I'm allowed to touch is under the car, and the only thing blowing me going down the road is my turbo.

Back