You can type here any text you want

Engine Oil Pan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTipe

Snake Skinner
I'm in the process of installing a poly mount at the drivers side engine mount position.I was wondering if someone had used the engine oil pan to support the engine weight (a board will be placed on a floor jack to displace the weight across the bottom of the pan) to perform this job.My concern is that I don't really know how strong the stock pan is and perhaps someone has done this before.Of course the engine is in the car.Any insite is greatly appreciated.

I'm in the process of installing a poly mount at the drivers side engine mount position.I was wondering if someone had used the engine oil pan to support the engine weight (a board will be placed on a floor jack to displace the weight across the bottom of the pan) to perform this job.My concern is that I don't really know how strong the stock pan is and perhaps someone has done this before.Of course the engine is in the car.Any insite is greatly appreciated.

it will not be a problem-------just make sure the board is as large as the bottom of the pan and you drill a clearance hole for the drain plug

Thanks very much for the answer.From a statics viewpoint this makes perfect sense and is the optimal solution given the situation.

Back