Engine & Trans Reliability

I can drive mine all day long , never gets any hotter than 175* and runs low 10 sec . I'm on E85 though and see 31psi boost , mostly at the track and the occasional sport bike on the road . I've been doing this for the past 3 years with only basic maintenance and keeping an eye on the tune .

I can drive mine all day long , never gets any hotter than 175* and runs low 10 sec . I'm on E85 though and see 31psi boost , mostly at the track and the occasional sport bike on the road . I've been doing this for the past 3 years with only basic maintenance and keeping an eye on the tune .
Thanks for the favorable response. Did you by chance notice an under hood temperature reduction with the Swain Tech Coating? The car runs better & parts live longer with less thermal stress.

One way to make it last longer is not to jump on it hard then let off hard. That whips the timing chain.
Good point. I'll bet some folks have timing sets that fail durability testing at lower than valve spring pressures.

Did you by chance notice an under hood temperature reduction with the Swain Tech Coating?
I did notice that it wasn't as hot as before and seemed to cool quicker , but I never did a before & after temp check . Also I coated the headers & down pipe when I put the new motor in and switched to E85 at the same time , so there was a while between the two .
I liked the Swain Tech coating enough to coat the piston tops and skirts plus the new GN1 combustion chambers , valves , and exhaust ports on my new motor build to be installed this winter .

Hmm,where to begin?on my nt car I run/race a 109 and have moved over 90lbs lbs/min.i have alot of time and racing on 109s in a very tough environment.with the right builder and tune they make alot of power and take a beating.

I've been told by a couple of the best engine builders that the majority or engine failures were linked to alky
This is not correct.i run m1 through my nt car I just run the correct amount,which is alot of itthere is a whole other level of usage for pump gas alky that some really fast guys are aware of.has nothing to do with the burn rate either.

I have not fired the new engine. I'm setting up wiring for the gages in the car to fire today/tomorrow. The is just a street/strip weekend toy so I wouldn't be driving it too much. I'll run race gas at the track & 93 with boostane. Obviously specific tunes are required. Under hood heat is a concern so the exhaust system may get coated during the off season.
I coated the down pipe and ex house but not inside it,it helps

Works 6765bb G4,TurboSmart 40mm gate , 315 XTF front mount, Monroe 62mm t/b , worked Hemco,stock Champion ported intake, Weber short block (3.400 eagle crank, molnar rods, diamond pistons, steel caps), ported GN1's, Cometics (8.72:1), 212/206, 111, .523/.503 , T&D 1.6 rockers, Trend, TA exhaust manifs, TA front cover, Flow Kooler water pump, GN1 3" d/p, Turbosmart 40mm wastegate, 3" straight shot exhaust, 80#, injector hot wire, KB fpr , Alradco,TR6, ignition hot wire, MSD Superconductors,BAP, Racetronix 430 lph sender & hot wire, XFI, redundant grounds, Racetronix 8AN feed & 6AN rtn fuel lines, Janis forged trans,B&m trans clr,"Dusty" PTC 9.5" n/l,HR bar,HR dr si mount, boxed uprs & lwrs, (90/10) frt shocks,275/60/15 BFG's ,trunk braces,alum drums,s10 whl cyls,long shoes,weight loss program (car & driver), lots more changes in the pipe .
This combo should run 10s even with a very soft 60ft,mine only needed 18 degrees of timing and 19psi to run 10s on a 64 billet turbo@3800lbs,each car is different though.

Driveshaft, eaton posi ???, Mosers, weld the tubes, new skins (295's if they'll fit without rolling the fenders) and I don't know enough about rear shocks for my specific case.
It's the front and rear my friend,and with the car balanced and transfering and staying balanced through the run you will be able to apply the power real early to get the car through the 330 quicker.

Hmm,where to begin?on my nt car I run/race a 109 and have moved over 90lbs lbs/min.i have alot of time and racing on 109s in a very tough environment.with the right builder and tune they make alot of power and take a beating.

Yup.. We have run most of the NT events up here . Sharpens you up ! back to thread... tune tune tune.. Alky is great an a lot of guys run 85

This is not correct.i run m1 through my nt car I just run the correct amount,which is alot of itthere is a whole other level of usage for pump gas alky that some really fast guys are aware of.has nothing to do with the burn rate either.
Obviously the M1 is a heat sponge, octane additive & combustion modifier. By combustion modifier I mean an agent to increase cylinder mixture motion (using a halo) to get the chamber out of hot spots / detonation. I had thoughts of developing a transition alky / fuel relation curve based on plug /egt imperical data & driven by XFI (as an example). NO SWAG. I was really hoping to keep the 109 running on pump gas & boostane @ 15 psi (not even in the turbo efficiency island) to check for leaks & provide run in miles (the new rings seat in 5 mins). Boostane was never tested in an "octane motor" but research only. It can't be stated as (R + M)/2 but only R/2 which makes no sense. The owner of Boostane told me about the testing of the product at the PRI show a few years back. He said Boostane's competitors only collected data based on a "research" scenario as well. The stuff seems to work but I question whether it lines up with their mix ratio publication on the can. Cal thought it works. This would be my street fuel. Track fuel would be an unleaded high octane like VP. Sorry to babble on.

Sam what fans are you using? My cooling scheme is a new Alradco with eng & trans coolers, B & M 20k gvw trans cooler, 160 stat (with holes below the water line), flow kooler water pump & my work to block off the gaps around the radiator. I run a front mount so this work may be profitable.

Obviously the M1 is a heat sponge, octane additive & combustion modifier. By combustion modifier I mean an agent to increase cylinder mixture motion (using a halo) to get the chamber out of hot spots / detonation. I had thoughts of developing a transition alky / fuel relation curve based on plug /egt imperical data & driven by XFI (as an example). NO SWAG. I was really hoping to keep the 109 running on pump gas & boostane @ 15 psi (not even in the turbo efficiency island) to check for leaks & provide run in miles (the new rings seat in 5 mins). Boostane was never tested in an "octane motor" but research only. It can't be stated as (R + M)/2 but only R/2 which makes no sense. The owner of Boostane told me about the testing of the product at the PRI show a few years back. He said Boostane's competitors only collected data based on a "research" scenario as well. The stuff seems to work but I question whether it lines up with their mix ratio publication on the can. Cal thought it works. This would be my street fuel. Track fuel would be an unleaded high octane like VP. Sorry to babble on.
Left you a pm

Sam what fans are you using? My cooling scheme is a new Alradco with eng & trans coolers, B & M 20k gvw trans cooler, 160 stat (with holes below the water line), flow kooler water pump & my work to block off the gaps around the radiator. I run a front mount so this work may be profitable.
I'm not sure on the brand of radiator , it was in the car when I bought it . It is an aftermarket aluminum similar to the Alradco with I believe Spal fans & 160 t-stat . The trans cooler is a #13960 Derale Hyper-cool 46000 btu with fan & 180* temp switch . The car seemed to run much cooler running E85 than before . Before the temps were up and down , now it's steady eddy 165 - 170 all day with the air off , maybe 10 - 15 degs. more withe air on .

I had previously mentioned 6.2L Helcat & Demon engines in reference to reliability. They sure had a lot of supercharger failures (2015-2016) from inferior bearings & high belt loadings along with balancer slippage (stock crank not keyed/pinned DUH!!). Maybe mopar SRT had learned a few lessons. There used to be a lot of "Cat" folks lurking on this board.

With everything right the car is 10 sec capable on 93 only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My original intent is either race gas or 93 pump & boostane. I sure the wide band will slowly deteriorate. I've been told by a couple of the best engine builders that the majority or engine failures were linked to alky. How can I link 2 different burn rates (gas & alky) by the XFI ? It can only be done by the SWAG method. E85 with a fuel sensor is another option, I want to run with hellcats & still have a running engine.

If you know the pressure and orifice of alky you can calculate flow and determine how much you’re replacing and adjust your targets as needed. The target a/f will never be linear at a given MAP if the pump isnt controlled by MAP and rpm. It’s actually simple math. If you are guessing on how much methanol is going into the engine then it’s purely SWAG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk