You can type here any text you want

Engine turns over, wont start and I cant hear the fuel pump running

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

I installed a Walpro and hotwire kit two years ago. Car isnt used much.
Got into it today, turns over but wont start. I turned the key to the on position and cant hear the fuel pump running.

Before I decide that its the fuel pump gone bad. Can anyone tell me what else to look for as to why its not running
Such as fuses and where would the fuses be located.
I did check the fuse for the hot wire kit and its ok.

Also, when I turn the key to the on position, I hear what sounds like a click noise somewhere below the MAF.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe jump the hot link wire for the Fp to the alt hot, and see if the pump now runs?
Yes: Something in the hotwire/control circuit.
No: Check the integrity of the hot wire to the pump.

My Walbro just went bad this weekend...should be able to tell by looking at the fuel pressure gauge if you have one that is ? As soon as you turn the key to the on position the pump should start and pressurize to the set fuel pressure if it doesn't it's probably bad. Mine died while driving...after cooling down it would work again but not go up to the set pressure...as it got hot the fuel pressure would drop until the car would stall. There is a recall on certain model Walbro's, turns out mine was one of the bad ones...only been installed for about 3 months and maybe has 400 miles on it. Mine was purchased last Fall but did not install until ~June of this year.

There are several threads about this and even the vendors have been posting that Walbro is aware and will replace them with new pumps.

Scott

You wont hear your pump every time, but Make sure you have enough voltage from the batt. while cranking. I had a thrasher chip that would not let me start the car under 11?volts I think it was. Cure was to jump it and not run my fan all the time. Of course I have a TT chip now. Worth a shot.

My Walbro just went bad this

There are several threads about this and even the vendors have been posting that Walbro is aware and will replace them with new pumps.

Scott

Can you post a link to any of the threads talking about the recall? I bought mine from Gbodyparts along with a hotwire kit. I have not installed it yet so would like to swap the pump for a new one if possible.

Back