You can type here any text you want

ENGINE UP GRADE....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
don't really know ...want to be able to run low 7s in 8th mile and still cruise with the ac on the street...so im guessing 4 to 500 hp

: 3361903, member: 22563"]What are looking for horsepower wise? Remanufactored I say is a no go.[/quote]
What are looking for horsepower wise? Remanufactored I say is a no go.
so do you think the stroker kit would be a good feel...

What's the status of your engine in the car now? You can run 7's with stock parts. Heck you can run in the 7's with a all stock engine.

What's the status of your engine in the car now? You can run 7's with stock parts. Heck you can run in the 7's with a all stock engine.
engine has a lot of miles on it ...over 200...scared to really step on it as is I do play with it a little from time to time nothing serious tho right now...would just feel better if it were fresh...far as I know it is all stock....can here alifter from time to time...

Timing chain, valve springs, oil pump mods, new oil pickup that's not full of timing teeths and then beat the shit out of it.

There's many dead Buicks in the wake from people that wanted to do just what you're wanting to do.

Check your static compression, I prefer about 135 psi minimum, but others will run 116 psi and be happy. Cut open your oil filter and check for any debris. If satisfied do what earl suggests. Personally I would only consider a reputable buick builder if it becomes nescessary to rebuild, then I would think seriously about the stroker.

Back