You can type here any text you want

equalizing weights on the rear tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastblackracing

Now that I have the rear anti roll bar and coilover DA shocks done Is there any real benefit to trying to get the weight on each rear tire close to each other?...... I have a pretty good variety of springs on hand to jack some weight around if its worth the effort and thanks in advance for your input........ My starting point is 150# springs each side and trying to get the scales lined up for this weekend.

When you scale the car you won't have the same "weight" on each rear tire. You need to see where the weight is sitting in the chassis and then adjust the weight to get the best traction out of it. Are you planning on drag or road?

^^^yup in addition to the above the driver should be in the car when it gets scaled

I did an experiment Years ago where I put one tire on the Scale at the track with my airbags deflated and Power braked to see how much weight was transferred from one tire to the other at launch. I think it was almost 400 lbs different (-200 on the right side, + 200 on the other) vs. static.

I would think Preloading the right side would work best vs. equal weights.

I'd include setting the arb to the mfgr's specs, when doing the testing. { My Wolfe bar came w/ specific "how to".} Springs at the same load position,
as mentioned, driver in the car. Also fuel load as raced, etc.
When using scales, it's very important to be sure they are on a LEVEL surface, all at the same hgt.
Also, I'd suggest checking for free travel on the rear suspension, B4 you hook up the shocks.

Back