Error code 13 o2 sensor

Dr.rinco

I have a bad o 2 sensor does the sensor need to be order off of kirbans , because of the computer calibration ? Or could I just simply go to auto zone or another parts store and use one form them ? I understand that the MA F needs to be correctly calibrated to the ECU so I was wondering if the same needs to be done with the o2 sensors

Or, you can go to Autozone and get a Bosch with the OEM connector and you're good to go. It has pre-applied anti-seeze on the threads, so you don't need anymore. You can use a crescent wrench, or the O2 sensor socket that Autozone typically sells.Just make sure it threads properly, not cross threaded.

Bosch # 12014 from Autozone, should be $19.99.
Just be aware, this sensor has a longer body than the factory AC Delco, it doesn't affect it, but it can make it a tad harder to install if you still have the heat shield installed. I've been using this sensor for years with excellent results. The OEM AC Delco is my 2nd choice.

-Patrick-

I went with a Denso....$15 off Amazon and I have tub of anti-seize on top of the tool box so pre-applied anti-seize isn't really a high selling point for me. Many folks much more experienced than myself told me go to the Denso. It's a fairly simple job once you figure out what angle to get the wrench in at.

I think the Denso is thinner in diameter so it will go in a little easier , Still not a bad job . Unhook the wire before you remove or it will get all twisted up , you will see what I'm talking about . I think it takes a 15/16 " wrench also .

I went Denso last time after Bosch seeming to die out pretty quickly (running race fuel). Also, if you go Denso, had a problem finding one at any of the local parts stores (autozone, oreilly's, etc). Everyone had to order it. Went to Summit Racing and it was under $11. The parts stores were charging $19.99 and didn't even have one in stock.

I noticed Bosch moves around more (02 numbers) which is a good thing...but the Denso last a little longer with race fuel...

Bosch O2s have proven over the years they suck in turbo Regals. Densos is the best NB unit available for a factory drop in. And it comes with a small ketchup pack of antiseeze.