You can type here any text you want

ET Streets getting Ragged

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojkt

I've got about 1500 miles on my ET streets (275/60/15) and they are looking pretty ragged. They are not hooking up like they used to either. Look at the pictures

Anyone had this problem?

What tire pressure is best to run on the street?

Attachments

• 4-24-06 002.jpg
    4-24-06 002.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 4-24-06 001.jpg
    4-24-06 001.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 190
It looks like you're burnouts are way too long. Those tire look cooked

Most of the time that is caused from abuse.

I know the tires are designed to be abused so it's not your fault but 'hazing' the tires will do that. It is more common on the street because of the inconsistant surfaces.

Did they just start doing that?

I haven't done any big burn outs. Tried a few 5 to 8lb launches on the street and spun. They have been slowly getting more feathered as I drive on them and I haven't been to the track yet.

Mine look that also. Only one time to the track but they still hook on the street. I think rough street conditions and 22lbs of a quick spooling TA49 caused my tires to look like yours. :D

Hey guys. Aren't those tires directional? Is it possible that someone mounted them in the wrong direction? Looks like the "feathers" are laying down in the wrong direction. Someone please spank me if I am wrong.

I have a spool and mine look like that when I make alot of sharp turns. A decent burn out cleans them up just fine :)
Dan

Mickey T. ET DRAG RADIALS

turbojkt said:
I've got about 1500 miles on my ET streets (275/60/15) and they are looking pretty ragged. They are not hooking up like they used to either. Look at the pictures

Anyone had this problem?

What tire pressure is best to run on the street?

MY TIRES ARE MICKEY THOMPSON ET DRAG RADIALS......Sorry...MY BAD!!

turbojkt said:
MY TIRES ARE MICKEY THOMPSON ET DRAG RADIALS......Sorry...MY BAD!!

Mine are too. Anyone that looked at your pictures should figure it out.

Those tires ball up like that if you dont break them in properly. I know as crazy as it sounds, you are supposed to break those tires in before you drive on them. You break them in by doing a long burnout, depending on the speed you spin the tires, usually about a minute long. Like I said, I know it sounds crazy, But when you do the burn out, it brings the solvents in the rubber out to the surface and makes the tires softer. It gives it an overall longer lifetime, and an overall better gripping tire. Also, after you break them in, they will not ball up like that. When you have the tires that are balled up, its like leaving on marbles... You will get MUCH BETTER TRACTION if you break them in properly.

Back