You can type here any text you want

Evac and catch can users

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vacuum 6

Lets assume the valve guides & valve seals are fine and the engine is not leaking larger amounts of oil, etc... Can blow-by cause oil consumtion? If it possible will an evac pump help control not eliminate but help control this consumtion?

BTW - Yes before you ask my engine has blow-by.

Absolutly it will help!! Insread of pushing oil past the rings , guides and any other slightly leaking orfice ,the vacuum will pull the other direction. This also helps with oil contamination as you are pulling the fuel that is being pushed into the crankcase out of the motor. Thats my 2 cents and Im stickin to it!!
Mike:cool:

Just thought of this...if the pump helps the pump would have to run all the time. Correct?

The crank case needs to be vented at all times, pump or not. With higher boost level and ring seal ,etc the amount of blow by increases. Most people with vacuum pumps run them when engine is running. Mike:cool:

Just thought of this...if the pump helps the pump would have to run all the time. Correct?

Most of the blow-by occurs when the crankcase is pressurized while under boost so a lot of guys use the vacuum pump with a hobbs switch connected, so that the pump does NOT run all the time.... Racetronix even sells a pnp harness for the most common 3 GM vacuum pumps... over the winter i am seriously thinking of going this route. HTH - do a search there is a detailed article on vacuum pumps

HTH - do a search there is a detailed article on vacuum pumps[/QUOTE]

Where would I look!! Old man need more info PLEASE!!! Thanks Mike:cool:

Most of the blow-by occurs when the crankcase is pressurized while under boost so a lot of guys use the vacuum pump with a hobbs switch connected, so that the pump does NOT run all the time.... Racetronix even sells a pnp harness for the most common 3 GM vacuum pumps... over the winter i am seriously thinking of going this route. HTH - do a search there is a detailed article on vacuum pumps

I've done the research regarding evac pumps. But what the research does not mention and what this thread is all about…can an evac pump help minimize oil consumption?

A vacuum pump will not fix a major mechanical problem ,bad seals gaskets rings but it will help evacuate excessive crankcase pressure ....dont expect to repair a car that is leaking oil or smoking badly due to bad rings bad guides EXAMPLE...1 QUART 100 MILES..:eek:

I dont think anyone would expect well I hope no one would expect a evac pump to solve a mechanical issue.

Absolutly it will help!! Insread of pushing oil past the rings , guides and any other slightly leaking orfice ,the vacuum will pull the other direction. This also helps with oil contamination as you are pulling the fuel that is being pushed into the crankcase out of the motor. Thats my 2 cents and Im stickin to it!!
Mike:cool:

This makes sense to me. Do others agree?

Back