everyday driver, with front mount in florida ??

turbo john FL

ITS ONLY A SIX SHOOTER
wanted to know if anyone in florida or other steamy hot states are running front mount intercoolers . and what brand and how they are working for a everyday driver car . trying to figure out if i will have heating probs with engine temps if i run a front mount

thanks everyone for any input here JOHN

I'm in Panama City FL and have an ESP FMIC. I also have the dual fan upgrade and have no issues with overheating. Usually ride around at 175 degrees or less.

I bought mine off the forums here. It was a little bit of a pain to install because it didn't come with instructions. I got some tips from folks here and I ended up posting what I did for others to use. It works great. No complaints at all. It cleans up the engine compartment real nice and the air flow is awesome, but you do need to make sure all the pipes are on tight (doh, messed up my hood liner). This website (http://www.pre-luber.com/intercooler.htm) to have them new (i visited it back in May) but it won't open tonight?? Not sure if they closed...

I had a Precision front mount on my car with the radiator pictured below. Normal summer days here are in the 90-95 degree range.

Peter

stationed in nw louisiana where we had a summer of 60 something days over 100* with my precision fmic purchased from conleys the car runs 200-205 in traffic. hotter than usual yes but wont hurt anything

When my 86 T-type was my daily, I had (have) the old school kenne bell big boy FMIC and the area around the sides and overall gave good space for cooling...BUT my biggest worry was getting caught unexpectedly in rush hour traffic!! So i invested in 160 thermostat and an ATR 2800 CFM fan (yes i know ATR Is Dead) the point is a GOOD High CFM Fan set up... dual preferrably!, will give u hope for just about ANY FMIC set up. I even went so far as to hook up a wire to the fan relay to keep the fan turned on at all times while the engine is running just to be safe. 16 years with this set up and no issues. Precision sized FMICs are street friendly. Havent tried the RJC kinds that take up the Entire front end yet =P.

I'm in Panama City FL and have an ESP FMIC. I also have the dual fan upgrade and have no issues with overheating. Usually ride around at 175 degrees or less.

Same here, but I'm in MS. But, my GN is no longer a daily driver.

Turbo John,
I have a used ESP front mount that I might want to get rid off. PM me if you are interrested.
Bob