You can type here any text you want

EX ricer

• Thread starter Thread starter Murphy
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
M

Murphy

OK this might piss some people off but keep an open mind. I was at the local track doing some tunning runs. I pull into the lanes with my Civic and line up against a GN and think I cant beat that.
So I do my burn out stage and hand the gn its ass. Now before you guys get all angry it was stock with 30 day tags and my Civic ran 12.9 @ 107. Since then I have sold the Civic to buy a GN and plan to hand alot of Civics thier ass. I have seen fast and slow cars it all depends on the parts to determine what you have.

i've said it once and i will say it again...the winner of a race is usually the one who has the most money...

i bet it cost you several grand to make your civic that fast as opposed to a STOCK gn running high 13's outta the factory...

but at least you have come to your senses and joined the buick commnunity :)

don't get me wrong...there is such thing as FAST rice but it's very hard to find and they are gonna spend alot more money doing it so more power to them...

??

it was or WASN'T stock with 30 day tags?? damn, an off the showroom or lot stock Civic running 12.9's ?? what the hell is wrong with my Civic?? ha...just wondering. i find this very much a fallacy. oh well...bored as hell.

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports

It cost me 7k to go that fast and that includes the 4k I paid for the car. Every part I bought was puchased to enhance another part. I worked on making the whole car fast not just a lot of HP. The car had about 230hp no stickers no wing and no fart can.

Welcome to the DARK SIDE Murphy!!!

I've seen some fast turbo civics down here at the track that ran mid to low 9's, but these guys are running in Pro import classes and have a sh!t load of $$$ in their rides and keep in mind these cars are gutted with a cage (not a street car), so it's not worth comparing these cars to your run of the mill street civics. You can invest a lot less time and $$$ into a turbo buick or 5.0 stang to run 13's, 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, etc., in the 1/4 mile, so I prefer domestics. However, I would love to have a MKIV TT Supra parked next to my GN, but right now I can't afford it and I seriously doubt I could ever afford to have a 10 second Supra cause I've done research and know for a fact that they cost a hell of a lot more to make fast especially if you don't run N20. I like the turbo buicks mainly cause I think it's one of the only cars that you can really have your cake and eat it to cause these cars can be made fast for a fairly cheap price compared to other cars, they still have a real back seat that you can use, they get decent gas mileage, and it's also something different that you don't see everyday like a civic or mustang. It's a practical performance car for the average Joe IMHO and that's very hard to find now a days. BTW, you might want to check out www.gnttype.org to answer any questions you may have, although, I'm sure just about every question you could ever ask about these cars could be answered on this BB.:cool: :)

Steve

I hear ya, I think I have the only GN in this county except two...
I saw one the other day so covered with salt is looked like a white TTYpe
The other one is across the street from my parents and it has 2x4's holding the seats up and you cant see while driving it because the headliner is always falling in your face:)

Back