You can type here any text you want

Exercise Guru's ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Little6pack

I have a question for the Guru's of Exercise.

Picked up a nice used proform treadmill. Wow this thing is smooth, goes to 10 mph & has auto-incline/decline.

My question is would what would be more effective for loosing weight.
Using it twice a day or once a day?

If I was to use it 30 mins twice a day at 3/4mph fast walk /slow jog
or
1hr once a day at 3/4mph fast walk /slow jog.

I have a question for the Guru's of Exercise.

Picked up a nice used proform treadmill. Wow this thing is smooth, goes to 10 mph & has auto-incline/decline.

My question is would what would be more effective for loosing weight.
Using it twice a day or once a day?

If I was to use it 30 mins twice a day at 3/4mph fast walk /slow jog
or
1hr once a day at 3/4mph fast walk /slow jog.
Do it upon waking up for 25minutes to start then build up to 45 minutes or more at your target heart rate. Do not eat before doing it. A caffeine supplement before exercising will help. Eat sensibly all day. Diet is more important than any type of exercise when trying to lose weight.

That's a nice treadmill, put Rosy on it and both can of you can walk. I've lost a few pounds since practicing portion control. I've been checking the lables on junk food too. Most things I like are baaad.:frown:

That's a nice treadmill, put Rosy on it and both can of you can walk. I've lost a few pounds since practicing portion control. I've been checking the lables on junk food too. Most things I like are baaad.:frown:

WELL ALL THAT FOOD an COTTONS party made it hard for me to close my size 36 pants.

Do it upon waking up for 25minutes to start then build up to 45 minutes or more at your target heart rate. Do not eat before doing it. A caffeine supplement before exercising will help. Eat sensibly all day. Diet is more important than any type of exercise when trying to lose weight.

Yea I figure i would add minutes over time.

Afew years back I walked my whole lunch hour & eventually got to 3 miles in 55 mins. Boy did I melt off the pounds. I went from 165 to 137. It was hard to stay at 137 I seemed to land at 142 which my body liked.

WELL ALL THAT FOOD an COTTONS party made it hard for me to close my size 36 pants.

That was a cheat day for me too. I even told the wife I was going to eat food that was bad for me and I didn't care.

I would add some type of weight training in there somewhere. After you start losing the weight, you going to look soft. Got to add some weight to tighten up. With the weight training added, you are going to gain some weight. Muscle is heavier than fat.

I like ephedrine over caffeine :tongue:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Good thread. I'm currently in the same situation. Trying to get my belly down some. I've read each week add 1/4 mile to your run.

If you are looking to lose weight try a calorie calculator and keep a food diary(my wife works at the fitness center on base). You need to keep your heart rate in the fat burn sone and vary it. Cardio helps the heart and will help you lose weight. Lifting weights is said to burn calories for longer so its up to you on that one. I do 30 min of cardio a day which is usually 3 miles. I also do hills(on an eliptical, bad knees) and it helps for variety. I cant stress how much calorie counting helps in losing weight. Just do a serch on line and you will find one. Spark.com i think thats it, has meal plans and excersise routines you can modify to fit your needs.

Muscle is heavier than fat.

Muscle is more dense than fat

I've found that a combination of 5 miles per day on the treadmill, walking at a fast clip (5-5.5 mph), along with cutting the junk out of my diet (donuts, fries, pizza, etc.) was good for a 2 lb loss every week.

Back