You can type here any text you want

exhaust mount ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cathan

Anyone know where I can get an exhaust mount ......the one that bolts on near the catalytic converter and holds things in place?

Thanks
Chris

do you need just the rubber strap or the whole assembly? I may have an extra strap.

Cat hanger

GBodyParts.com has a cat hanger that might help you out.Hope this helps, Phil.

Go to any local muffler shop and ask them for one of their universal rubber hangers. I did and they gave me two. Free. Can't beat that. I've never even been there before.

Gbodyparts has the correct one. Its pricey (around $100), because I think its chrome plated.

The one that Brian(Gbodyparts) sells is 100% stainless(good for the life of the car and beyond). That's why it's salty! ;)

The one that came with the car was not stainless, but the metal part will last for many years. It's the rubber part that fails, so the expense of stainless won't help that.

Ormand said:
The one that came with the car was not stainless, but the metal part will last for many years. It's the rubber part that fails, so the expense of stainless won't help that.
They don't use salt on the roads down there- do they Ormand? ;) When I got my car, my hanger was rusty beyond repair. How are things in Colorado Cathan, or do you not drive your T/R in the wintertime?

Thanks for the replies.....I think $100 is a bit steep, so i'll check around.

I'll have to take another look down there to see....maybe I only need the strap. kh440 I'll look and send you a note.

The weather in Colorado is pretty nice even during the winter. So I drive it at least once a week to keep things from getting tired.(myself included!)

Chris

They don't use salt on the roads down there- do they Ormand?
Sure they do. But only when it snows, and that's not very often. My car came from Virginia, and was originally sold in Pennsylvania, so I can't vouch for all the weather it's been in, but the stuff underneath is not all that rusty. And since many GN owners keep them in the garage in the winter, I think the stainless is a little "overkill" for most. My car is my daily driver, and has been since I bought it, so it has seen almost 200,000 miles, in a variety of weather. The durn plastic parts, like the bumper fillers, are the parts which seem to age fastest.

Mine came from California, and then spend three rough winters in the salt(at the hands of a real cretin). Actually- I bought two perfect doors from someone in N. Carolina(to the tune of $750.00 w/shipping). :cool: I've always liked stainless, whenever I can get a part made of it. I guess it's just cause I hate rust so much!! :mad: :biggrin:

cathan said:

I'll have to take another look down there to see....maybe I only need the strap. kh440 I'll look and send you a note.

The weather in Colorado is pretty nice even during the winter. So I drive it at least once a week to keep things from getting tired.(myself included!)

Chris

Chris,

If the metal parts are good, go to NAPA and purchase the largest rubber hanger they have, I believe it’s for a Dodge diesel PU. Fold it in half, drill two holes in the ends to match up were the “stock” rivets were (tranny hanger part) and then drill a single hole in the folded end for the single large rivet (CAT hanger part). Purchase some stainless bolts and put it together. Use a new drill bit and the holes will come out perfect. When completed that hanger looks stock, hangs perfectly and was a cheap fix. For everything maybe $12.

cathan said:

Chris

Actually it's $89.95 for the rubber & the hanger with SS bolts.
If you just need the rubber & the bolts $20.00 to your door.Rubber only $15 to your door.
Also have the complete hanger Stainless steel modified for HRparts poly trans mount ( no mods needed to your stock 1 ) ,Now that's salty :eek:

Okay, thanks again guys.

I'll be moving slowly on this as I have a 2 year old daughter. Guess where the money that I used to spend on the GN goes? :rolleyes:

Chris

Back