You can type here any text you want

Exhaust Qustion.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I was driving the car yesterday looking for some explosive ordinances, and I hit a big dip in the road which caused my car to bounce and bottom out, later, this morning, i checked and the exhaust from where the catlyic converter was "supposed" to be was on the ground and dragging. So I limped the wounded car home, but I noticed something.... THE CAR SOUND GREAT with it OFF:eek::eek::biggrin: it makes a cool rumble, and you can actually hear the turbo spool under acceleration and at idle. can the exaust be cut from the catlyic converter back or will that result in no back pressure?:confused:

I was driving the car yesterday looking for some explosive ordinances, and I hit a big dip in the road which caused my car to bounce and bottom out, later, this morning, i checked and the exhaust from where the catlyic converter was "supposed" to be was on the ground and dragging. So I limped the wounded car home, but I noticed something.... THE CAR SOUND GREAT with it OFF:eek::eek::biggrin: it makes a cool rumble, and you can actually hear the turbo spool under acceleration and at idle. can the exaust be cut from the catlyic converter back or will that result in no back pressure?:confused:

put a cutout there and call it a day. i will have to post some pic of my cut out so you can see what im talking about. here is a example Race Ready Y250 Race Ready Performance Exhaust Cutout Kit

MY B4B buick sounds like this NOOOOO JOKE
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ8vdAyU44s[/YOUTUBE]

it will with a open exhaust. it not legal to roll around town with no exhaust thats why you should get a cut out or just put a straight pipe there. i would only replace the cat if you need emission testing.

it will with a open exhaust. it not legal to roll around town with no exhaust thats why you should get a cut out or just put a straight pipe there. i would only replace the cat if you need emission testing.

Thats the beauty of our cars:biggrin::biggrin: no emissions!

Thats the beauty of our cars:biggrin::biggrin: no emissions!

yes it is.
put a cut out in there so your car is legal and open up the cutout at the track or to show off.:tongue::tongue: dump the cat, and get that extra power.

i got a cutt off in mine too. close it up when crusing open it up when runing..sometimes ill cruise with it open. just be on the look for the men in uniform..they dont like loud cars...

i got a cutt off in mine too. close it up when crusing open it up when runing..sometimes ill cruise with it open. just be on the look for the men in uniform..they dont like loud cars...

dude.... I have to ask since, your location is there....

is Foxys still there?

A.j.

in WA ya guys r lucky. in Portland metro area and some counties, emission testings are required for cars 1973 and newer.... i was toying with the idea of putting straight pipes and no cat on a 1982 v6 car, but emission testings wouldve prevented that if i were to move to Portland metro area :( currently, my parents county require no emission testng, but i dont know about Marion county (where i live)

in WA ya guys r lucky. in Portland metro area and some counties, emission testings are required for cars 1973 and newer.... i was toying with the idea of putting straight pipes and no cat on a 1982 v6 car, but emission testings wouldve prevented that if i were to move to Portland metro area :( currently, my parents county require no emission testng, but i dont know about Marion county (where i live)

you can always make a bolt in cutout and bolt in cat. if you want to do all that work. for the little gain in power its not worth the time. my cat was bad so i put a cut out in there. we dont have testing here so im lucky.

it all depends on which car i end up buying though. seems the $400 buick Regal is no longer around lol. doesnt surprise me. anyways. exhaust cutouts' always an option...i was thinking long tube headers on a NA v6 custom made, and using either straight pipe, no cat, or corvette sourced cat with maybe aftermarket mufflers..... for a turbo v6 build, i wouldnt need to do a long tube header unit, but need to make sure it flows good enough for the up pipe and down pipe system....again, depending on which car...over the weekend im looking at 2 L36 equipped Regals (one is a 1995 with 123K miles, the other is a 1997 with 112K miles) for $850 and 800 respectively...I figure if i wanna boost the L36, there's already several threads on here and on other forums related to turbocharging the L36 and the L67 series 2 motors...

I also really like no emmissions here in MN. Half the farm trucks just run around with straight pipes. And if MN ever takes in an emmissions law, Ill move 2 miles to ND. It's still legal to shoot Indians if theres more than 3 on your property there. With a law like that, I doubt emmissions laws will EVER go into effect. Plus, its North Dakota.

My car sounds kinda wierd with my Flowmaster. It has a DEEP exhaust note for a little 6, and it resonates so bad at 2500 that it shakes the interior. And whats fun, 2500 is where I drive at 65 MPH. Yay! :rolleyes: It doesnt sound anything like the typical turbo 6. It sounds like a V8 most of the time until it starts spooling, even then it doesnt sound like a turbo car that much. And it NEVER crackles like all other 6's ive heard.

I have never ran it without a muffler, so I have no idea what it sounds like with my 2.5" mandrel down pipe. Im sure its pretty loud. When my funds get together im going to go with a 2.5" cat back pypes with race pros anyways.

My Cat is long gone, I used a cutout too and I have a glasspack to top it off;) Its loud, but I don`t get pulled over cause I live in a s**t hole and the cops couldn't care less... I seen a police chase that started right in front of my house last night, he kept going around the block, felt like I was in LA... they cant run for s**t:biggrin:

My Cat is long gone, I used a cutout too and I have a glasspack to top it off;) Its loud, but I don`t get pulled over cause I live in a s**t hole and the cops couldn't care less... I seen a police chase that started right in front of my house last night, he kept going around the block, felt like I was in LA... they cant run for s**t:biggrin:

Dude..... flindt is rough... your not far from my grandad and ALOT of my family from the motor city. I need to go back to Detroit for awhile. I used to live there for a few months. I loved it:biggrin:

CALTROIT 4 LIFE

Get a good muffler for the car Jase. The glaspak style muffler is really restrictive. You can get a stainless Magnaflow at AZ now for less than a flowbastard and it will help quite a bit.

83turbo: That`s what up, I lived in the D for awhile too. I love it there too, but its a daily struggle trying to survive... in more ways than one.

Charlie: I will... that was just supposed to be temporary fix, but its been on for about 4 months now:biggrin:

83turbo: That`s what up, I lived in the D for awhile too. I love it there too, but its a daily struggle trying to survive... in more ways than one.

Charlie: I will... that was just supposed to be temporary fix, but its been on for about 4 months now:biggrin:

it sure is, but I would love to go back and see the fambam, and maybe find J Dillas grave. (if hes buried there)

Back