Explain the WE4 package to me...

kirban 2 cents worth

Many good points have been made above including Erics....

With 1987 being the last of the rear wheel drive platform and the gaining popularity of the GN in order to produce the special run of 10,000 thru mid December of 1987 they used the gimmick of making the WE4 to meet the federal requirements for gas mileage etc...the car was promoted as being lite weight therefore quicker...

Salvage 6 nailed down the important code in the trunk label WE4....in the turbo buick world that code is well known almost like ZO6 is to the corvette world may have been better had Buick made an emblem that read WE4....

kirban 2 cents worth.....owned probably a dozen or so of them over the years WE4.....good sellers....

I love the strippers and base turbo cars. Something different. Besides, can't get much better than an all black car with grey interior:cool:

Love my WE4 so much I put chrome bumpers on it, LOL. How's that for confusing?

My understanding is the WE4 came with aluminum bumper mounts and/or aluminum bumpers. All black paint with W02 Blackout package available. Grey Regal interior. T type wheels and T type badges on the fenders. Hopefully I can be of some help.

Never heard that one. But i'll try sticking a magnet to mine and post the outcome for you.

kirban 2 cents worth

aluminum drums generally came on any turbo regal model that did not get a limited slip (G80) trunk code....high mileage examples today probably have had the drums replaced with steel since no aftermarket company I am aware of makes aluminum ones.

Keep in mind that is what I have found and also remember Buick employees were not 100% accurate at assembling the cars.....if you doubt what I am saying look at the body lines from panel to panel and car to car....

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

aluminum drums generally came on any turbo regal model that did not get a limited slip (G80) trunk code....high mileage examples today probably have had the drums replaced with steel since no aftermarket company I am aware of makes aluminum ones.

Keep in mind that is what I have found and also remember Buick employees were not 100% accurate at assembling the cars.....if you doubt what I am saying look at the body lines from panel to panel and car to car....

kirban
Yep. My car is a Turbo T with the blackout package and has chrome mirrors....:biggrin: Someone screwed up on the assembly line but the RPO is still correct with chrome mirrors;)

I'm checking out on this-any questions from original poster please pm me. There are too many WE4 threads out there and not enough picture threads;)

i wasnt sure seeing mine has alum bumper supports,alum drums,and the trim and bumpers are blacked out and grey interior.I have no rpo tag to go off of,just the tag on the cowl.All i know is the paint codes 15/i think 17 off the top of my head.So what is the code for this car.

i wasnt sure seeing mine has alum bumper supports,alum drums,and the trim and bumpers are blacked out and grey interior.I have no rpo tag to go off of,just the tag on the cowl.All i know is the paint codes 15/i think 17 off the top of my head.So what is the code for this car.

kirban 2 cents worth

challenger mike....

here is what you want to do....under turbo lounge look for my thread its usually on the first page number game with trunk ID labels...has like 24,000 hits...post your trunk ID label here and I will tell you what is in your car for options what the options cost etc....that way you will know exactly what you got....

we4s only where made a short period of time in 1987 designer series in 1986 had the factory spoiler as part of the package......car was a t type all 1986s had black out package....87 it was an option....

basically in 1987 snce it was the end of the line for the G body...Buick there a lot of different variations into the mix.....add 22-25 years later to it and unless you been in the "game" as long as others including myself you can see how confusing it is....we are not as lucky as Corvette people that have a yearly facts & figures book produced that lists every single option and percentage of cars that got certain options.....Buick has left us in the dark......

kirban

owned a few over the years....

Yep. My car is a Turbo T with the blackout package and has chrome mirrors. Someone screwed up on the assembly line but the RPO is still correct with chrome mirrors

Nobody screwed up......except the person ordering it. Sport Mirrors were not part of the W02 trim option. I'm ignoring the assembly line comment. Plenty of line workers posting here. I'm sure every one of them will tell you they took pride in doing their job correctly.:)

its my understanding....

that unless it says WE4 on the trunk ID label , it aint a WE4.
I have been reading on this forum for yrs, and there must be 3-4 thousand WE4's, according to what everyone thinks is a WE4.
heres a lousy pic of my ID , NOTE WE4 on the ID tag
and a couple pics of a real WE4
thanks

Attachments

• we4 5-9-09 003 (Small) (2).jpg
    we4 5-9-09 003 (Small) (2).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 85
  • we4 5-9-09 002 (Small).jpg
    we4 5-9-09 002 (Small).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 97
  • MVC-003F.jpg
    MVC-003F.jpg