express down windows

MG8T7GN

As my finger fell asleep today pushing the button to get the windows down, I was thinking how nice it would be to have an express down feature like the new cars have. Anyone done this and what was needed to make te change over? I guess I could pull out a newer GM service manual and compare wiring diagrams with a car with expresss down, but I'm too lazy. Then again, I may do it just for something to do. Thanks.

Mark

Check this out:Faster Replacement Motors

Regals are not on the list,But I would imagine he would know what it takes.

This guy is selling them on E-Bay,I've heard of people putting the newer motors from 4th gen F-body's in older cars to speed the windows up So your finger won't fall asleep.

DS:D

for some odd reason...my windows roll DOWN twice as fast as they go UP...my finger goes numb waiting for them to go up...especially the driver side :D

Did I miss Regal on the list? For some reason, I don't think these fit ours..would be nice if they did.

To get the windows to move faster, clean and lube EVERYTHING than run a larger power wire. Still not as fast as most new cars but alot better.

Also, for "express windows, DEI (Viper) makes a window module for their security systems that could be wired in. Gives you express up & down. No alarm required.

Kirban Performance

Follow this link, got to "Catalog," then interrior parts. On the 3rd page there is a "faster power window harness kit" that supposedly speeds up your Regal power windows. I haven't tried it, but in my experience everything from Kirban is pretty good.

I know Kirban used to sell a Window Express kit. I put them in both my doors and they work great. Don't think he has them any more. Comes in real handy for toll boths and picking up your time slips at the track!:D

Kirban used to sell the older,heavier motors that ran faster. I don't know if he still has those, but he has a relay kit that deliver more voltage to the existing motor.

Hot wired windows:D Mine are alright going down but like you said, twice as slow going up. I was looking at Kirban's design, and it looks like it ties into the sunroof wiring that all our buick's came with. It's the big pink wire in the "A" pillar. I tried to go direct just for a quick test, but same speed, so decided to look into something else to take up my time.:rolleyes:

Can you not use motors and sprung regulators from a 77- 81 g body in our cars? i was under the impression that you could.

Faster power windows

The power window motors from '78 and '79 Olds Cutlass' will fit and they are much quicker. I converted mine a couple years ago. There is a technical article on GNType.org that gives details on how to do it. I wrote a supporting article but never got around to sending it in. If you are interested send me an email.

Peter Cruickshank