Extender and....

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
NEWBIE ALERT!!:bucktooth:
I have the Extender and a 3.5" LS MAF. I have also bought a TT chip, Powerlogger.
The chip is labelled SM 2.2TT {For 60# injs}.
The ?'s: Should I buy a Extender chip, or use what I have and set the DIPs as instructed?
{Currently set on, on, off, off.}
Is there any tuning advantage to an Extender chip, that I don't already have?

TIA,

Use what you have and ease into the performance. No need to change if it runs as it should. Set the dip switches as required. Lol. JMO

You can't go wrong with the TT chip, but I really like the extender capability. Fuel is always metered based on measured airflow. I have used both.

Nice thing about the extender is that you dial in the fuel at the translator so if you disconnect the battery your settings are not lost.
Like Nigel says if you add boost the chip will automatically add fuel since chip manipulates the MAF reading.

Nice thing about the extender is that you dial in the fuel at the translator so if you disconnect the battery your settings are not lost.
Like Nigel says if you add boost the chip will automatically add fuel since chip manipulates the MAF reading.
What about when you lower your boost?

It makes sense that going either way would change fueling lower The air flow going in less fuel. the chip doubles the MAF reading so it will read to 510 g stock is 255 or there abouts