Extender antitheft

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Anyone with instructions how to disable can you contact me.

I dont mean the start sequence, but the instructions how to disable after you start the car so the owner doesnt have to deal with it everytime the car is started.

I tried the fullthrottle message board but it was down.

Help :D

that extender anti-theft feature is by far the worst thing i ever added to my TR. :eek: it would have been easier for me to just pull the fuel pump relay everytime i park.

that extender anti-theft feature is by far the worst thing i ever added to my TR. :eek: it would have been easier for me to just pull the fuel pump relay everytime i park.

It's not hard to use as long as all the triggers are in order. You can disable the feature if you like.

JFY Pulling the fuel pump relay will not kill the fuel pump. :eek:

I love the anti theft feature. No one is driving my car away.:cool:

Julio, let me know if I can be any assistance.

The vast majority of users of the antitheft like it a lot. Once you get used to it, the sequence becomes automatic and you don't notice it.

If you are having issues with it, we can troubleshoot the setup.

Otherwise, there is no charge to remove it.

Bob

I like mine, REV E, but its not 100% reliable. I can do only one part of the sequence of events and it will run even though I do have all of the circuits required working.

Rev F does not have that problem.

sounds like an update is in order.

Bob

The vast majority of users of the antitheft like it a lot. Once you get used to it, the sequence becomes automatic and you don't notice it.

If you are having issues with it, we can troubleshoot the setup.

Otherwise, there is no charge to remove it.

Bob

Bob,

Thank you, your anti theft allowed me to get my car back.
My car was either towed or pushed a couple blocks away.
They did their best (broke a lot of stuff) but they could not get the car to start.
My car was found a couple days later.
They left it after not being able to start it..

Great news. (that you got it back)

Glad that your son Joshua is doing better. I have a son named Joshua, he's 14 now and 6'5" or so. He went thru some hell when he was little.

Bob

Update and followup.

Car has a bad PN switch/wiring issue.

Off course I found this out after I reset the ECM to work on a BL problem :mad:

Alligator clip unto the correct wire on the ecm.. then put it into convenience mode through programming(thanks 1KWIK6).. problem resolved..

Chip did its job.. even I couldnt get it to run.. poor thief who has to come across this feature :D

extender chip anti-theft feature is giving me problems. I tried to take it out of the anti-theft mode and put it into convenience mode and now the car skips, cuts in and out and will barely go over 40mph. Before this you couldn't keep the the car from burning the tires. I have tried every thing to get it back. No luck. Please help. Thanks in advance, Mark

Sounds like you inadvertently set it into valet mode. Valet and Convenience modes are only seperated by one "******" So try the convenience mode again being very careful to do the correct number of "things".

I tried many things so what do I do? It kills me because the car was running great. I hope I didn't hurt anything. I can tell you if you want or scar the paper on the how to.

Any thanks for your help.

Update and followup.

Car has a bad PN switch/wiring issue.

Off course I found this out after I reset the ECM to work on a BL problem :mad:

Alligator clip unto the correct wire on the ecm.. then put it into convenience mode through programming(thanks 1KWIK6).. problem resolved..

Chip did its job.. even I couldnt get it to run.. poor thief who has to come across this feature :D

What PN switch/ wiring was bad. Also what wire are you clipping to on the ECM and to where. Thanks Mark

I have tried everything i could here is a copy of the instructions.help!!!

Hi Mark, I can feel your pain for why your car don't start, and looking for any info of what it might be, but displaying the instruction of the anti-theft system on board is not a good idea. Please keep in mind other TR owners who has this type of system don't want anyone else knowing the instruction.
You need to remove the instruction from the board and just said you follow the instruction and still no start, and I still need help.

I do have a question for you, The extender chip anti-theft system may not be your problem.
Can you display the ScanMaster # after the engine have idle warm?
What is the fuel pressure on the fuel rail with and without vacuum hose?

Last edited: