You can type here any text you want

Extender Chip Problem?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JUSTAV6

Getting High On PSI
Ok I just got the trans + and the extender chip, well my problem is when I put the chip in the first time it worked good and when I went out the next day to start it the ses light blinked relly fast and when started it run like Shi* and would not rev up, Pulled the chip and put a Diff chip in all was good and put the ext chip back in it worked again, And the next day it all started all over again,
I was told to pop the chip out of the carrier and out it in a diff one ? I feel I sould not have to do this with a new chip?? I never Had to do this with my testa chip,, I love the ext chip when it works,, So I relly Would like to get this nailed,,
Thanks for any help,
Seneca Lafler,

Take a pencil eraser and GENTLY and carefully rub the prom pins from the INSIDE OUT, not across and not pushing into the carrier. A few swipes on each leg should do it. Might be a little corrosion on a pin causing that. I've also seen the socket in the ECM do that. I was tuning a friends car at Bristol a few years back and every chip I put in code 51's. I'd pop it in another car and it would be fine. Pop it in/out a couple times and it would seem to seat. We suspected the contacts in the ECM lost their spring. Put a new ECM in it and hasnt had a problem since.

try bending the contacts in the ECM chip socket so they touoch the chip pins more firmly.

A small safety pin is my preferred tool.... but many things will work, just be gentle.

(thanks for your input Jim, it's good advise too. I have seen many more wimped-out chip sockets than dirty chips tho)

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Bob

Ok, I'll try it and see what happens,
Thanks Jim & Bob,
Seneca Lafler,

Are you sure what you are feeling isn't the valet mode(prevents anything more than half throttle). I had that problem at the track once went to stage tried to build boost and it bogged, did it again same thing, I disconnected the ecm wire and tried it again and it worked fine......

Hey thanks for the reply,, But I did not have ani theft put in to it,,
I have got with Bob B And he is taking care of it,,,
Thanks again for the reply,,
Seneca Lafler,,,

Originally posted by trading t/a
Are you sure what you are feeling isn't the valet mode(prevents anything more than half throttle). I had that problem at the track once went to stage tried to build boost and it bogged, did it again same thing, I disconnected the ecm wire and tried it again and it worked fine......

Back