Extender chip

gmgearhead

Hey,i was wandering if anybody can shed some light on this extender chip i bought.
It reads as follows..BYL44A0A.....259416.
I would like to know what this chip has and what functions are avaliable?
I'm running LS1 3.5" MAF with /translator. 50lb MSD and te60,208/208 cam.
I am currently running a TT chip that was burned for alky and i am expirencing a major lean condition at more than 50% TPS.
Also what type of true and false readings will i get with my Tech 1.I know the TT chip i can't get readings on IAC or a true knock.
Thanks,Walter

No prob I've just been doing some research on my setup & I remembered where I saw it :wink:

I have been playing around with the adjustments on my translator for this extender chip.I must say say that this chip is crap compared to the TT chip i have.The TT chip wasn't even burned for my setup..it was burned for alky and my car runs great except for lean at WOT,which it does due too it was burned for alky and i am not running any.With the extender i get stalling after letting off of the trottle after boost,eratic idle...i'm just plain dissapointed..i hope their new extreme chip is alot better

Try posting you problems on full throttles tech web site TT chip burner is Mod over there.

We swing by here once in a while as well....

It sounds like his setup is mismatched, or misadjusted. What version is the translator, and how are its switches set?

That Extender chip is pretty old. We are on Rev F now, with a ton of new features.

Bob

he must , cause all extender,extreme and pro chips i have ordered work awesome Bob

My extender works great

First you are right guys the chip I have is the translator plus with the extender chip. and it works good I run low 13'0s all stock setup. They told me that the translator pro and the extender extreme is for 50lb injectors he needs to get it redone or check on his combo before he puts down a chip makes him sound not very smart tp buy something and just put it on his car without the right chip burning setup hello :frown:

I too think it is a combination problem I was just trying to point him in the right direction. I am very happy so far with my set up I still have a lot to learn.

i appreciate the input....but there is nothing wrong with my combo...the chip was burned for 50lbs....the DFCO is way off...i guess my 3600 stall converter is too much for the program....i know it is an old version....i have the adjustments set....running 11.9-12.3 at WOT.I guess if i didn't have other chips to compare it too..i would feel different.
Also i had a custom burned chip when i was all stock except for cold air intake...and i ran 12.8 105 with a 1.8 60ft on street tires....18psi
I'm not here for a pissing match...just venting my concern

gmgearhead said:
i appreciate the input....but there is nothing wrong with my combo...the chip was burned for 50lbs....the DFCO is way off...i guess my 3600 stall converter is too much for the program....i know it is an old version....i have the adjustments set....running 11.9-12.3 at WOT.I guess if i didn't have other chips to compare it too..i would feel different.
Also i had a custom burned chip when i was all stock except for cold air intake...and i ran 12.8 105 with a 1.8 60ft on street tires....18psi
I'm not here for a pissing match...just venting my concern

Did you buy this chip new or used from somebody? The B revision chip is like 5 years ago. The parameter settings are not available in the chip. You need to recheck the dip switches. When the extender, they need to be set: on,on,off,off

I did buy it used...i have the settings on,on,off,off...and open loop idle...i like it better that way.I know this chip wasn't burned for my setup..cause the rev limit is only 5200 rpm...i need 6000 rpm.
I have been playing with it last few days..it runs pretty good...just has a slower spool up and still stalls under rapid decel.
i didn't realize how old the version was.