You can type here any text you want

extream chip ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kraus

Just installed combo below,intercooler,turbo,injectors,maf,sensor,translator etc.Bought Extream chip to match installed chip,wiring etc.Now is it set ready to go or do I need to go in and adjust things.If so what I know I have to set maf settings what else do i need to check or change before I fire it up.

Well, tell us what Translator you're running. And what Extender? Extender Extreme, Extender Extreme G?

Is your MAF/pipe the new 4" combo pipe/maf?

regular translator,extender extream,4inch with integrated sensor,SORRY

You just need to make sure the Translator has the up to date firmware to run the 4" integrated MAF (I assume they asked you that).
Then just set the MAF base to the correct setting for that MAF (I think it's 9, but don't quote me).
And the dip switches all need to be on for the Extreme.

You just need to make sure the Translator has the up to date firmware to run the 4" integrated MAF (I assume they asked you that).
Then just set the MAF base to the correct setting for that MAF (I think it's 9, but don't quote me).
And the dip switches all need to be on for the Extreme.
Translaor is one borrowed from eric marshall till mine comes back. Full throttle had a problem with em.And told me send back so waiting for it to return to me it is the 6.25 newest version .So the maf base should be set to 9 which is correct per directions right in front of me.But now do I also have to set maf wot to 0 (no change)or to same 9(14% lean) setting to make correct for sensor and pipe deal.Sorry if i ask dumb question's all this is new to me .Waited 12 years to buy a Gn and don't want to wreck it cuz of something dumb i over looked.

Translaor is one borrowed from eric marshall till mine comes back. Full throttle had a problem with em.And told me send back so waiting for it to return to me it is the 6.25 newest version .So the maf base should be set to 9 which is correct per directions right in front of me.But now do I also have to set maf wot to 0 (no change)or to same 9(14% lean) setting to make correct for sensor and pipe deal.Sorry if i ask dumb question's all this is new to me .Waited 12 years to buy a Gn and don't want to wreck it cuz of something dumb i over looked.

The MAF WOT is something you'll want to adjust from zero once you get some tuning runs made at WOT to see where your WOT O2's seem to hang.
from zero you go CW 1,2,3 etc. to richen, and CCW F,E,D etc. to go leaner
Start at zero and adjust from there.

Setting 9 and zero well here goes .I will report later yet with results.Is there anything once it runs I should watch for. thanks mike

well drove it today 45 miles one way maf base 9 0 wot.Got to where I was going started running goofy.Wouldn't idle had to 2 foot it.So turned to 10% more fuel at idle setting a would idle just fine then.So wrote down what scan master readings were.

Idle
o2's 0
af 02
l8 20
int 150
bl 160
clt 178
ats 104
r 750
tps .42
iac 0
cc 170
pl 1.6
sp 25.0

Drive

o2's 0
af 01
l8 22
int 150
bl 160
clt 178
ats 115
r 775
tps .42
iac 18
cc 178
pl 2.1
sp 25.0-25.3

I don't think 0 for o 2's is good.Iac in gear is low I think,tps probley to high so where should I start with and what.It pulls good and runs good other wise.I just know setting some basics will be needed.

on on on on all up.So what does this mean obviously not good right.

also did notice when was going to where I was that at 60 miles an hour o2 readings were like 600 - 450 never really locked in.And when i sat in gear and idle the check engine light came on then went off I checked scanmaster and the code part don't exsist when you scroll thru it.I think i need to start fresh and see what do you guys think...

What version is your borrowed translator??? It may not support the MAF you have?

wel it is a 6.25 new one showed up today.I am going to reset iac and tps and see what happens..

Put new maf trans in let run till warm drove it same problem.Reset iac and tps now it has about 96-108 02's at idle.But after idling for 3-4 minutes set code 44.Bad o2,wire,low fuel pressure exhaust leak possible problems. Wires are month old,fuel pressure 45 vac on,exhasut leaks at downpipe to turbo.Can this leak cause this.Fuel pressure 45 with vac on still set 44 code. Iac is at 21-22 at idle.I did order a elbow to take factory housing and short pipe out make it one connection to turbo will be in tommorrow. Sorry if i ramble all together just frustrating me to no end..

Usually fuel pressure is set around 45 psi vac off. Your o2's should "bounce around" and tps .42 at idle is great. I would look for vacuum leaks.

Put new maf trans in let run till warm drove it same problem.Reset iac and tps now it has about 96-108 02's at idle.But after idling for 3-4 minutes set code 44.Bad o2,wire,low fuel pressure exhaust leak possible problems. Wires are month old,fuel pressure 45 vac on,exhasut leaks at downpipe to turbo.Can this leak cause this.Fuel pressure 45 with vac on still set 44 code. Iac is at 21-22 at idle.I did order a elbow to take factory housing and short pipe out make it one connection to turbo will be in tommorrow. Sorry if i ramble all together just frustrating me to no end..

How confindent are you that your O2 sensor is any good?

Back