You can type here any text you want

Extreme extender/ Translator pro

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

Can a extreme extender chip be used with the new translator pro version? Or does the chip need to be modified? Thanks for any input on this.

you can, but you will not get all the features of the pro chip.

Bob

the Pro chip lets you adjust WOT timing from the Pro.

The Pro chip also has the BLMs locked to make tuning easier.

Thats about it.

Bob

With a regular Pro chip can you run E-85 or does have to be especially programmed for it?

As a E-85 chip would you also be able to run like straight 93 octane if no e-85 was available?

The Pro has a wide range of adjustment, so in a pinch you could run darn near any fuel mix.

A week or so ago I was on the way home from Norwalk, and was down to 1/4 tank of E85 or so (I am currently running E85). After checking 2 stations, and giving up, I put 10 gallons of 93 in the tank, pulled 10% out with the "Mainscale" setting in the Pro, and drove home (2 hours or so). Ran great, no issues.

Bob

Thanks- thats what i was hoping to hear, one last thing can a extreme or extender chip be be reprogrammed into a Pro chip? i already have 3 of these.

the Pro chip lets you adjust WOT timing from the Pro.

The Pro chip also has the BLMs locked to make tuning easier.

Thats about it.

Bob

Hi Bob,

What about running MAFless? Will the Extender chip allow that or only the Pro?

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bob,

What about running MAFless? Will the Extender chip allow that or only the Pro?

Thanks, Bill

The Translator Pro is the mafless part of the equation. The Extender Pro chip just adds features. Other chips can be run with the Translator Pro, but peronally I wouldn't recommend it.

Back