You can type here any text you want

ezstreet

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

YHAVAV8

We started our EZ STREET project Saturday. The TRZ front end is on the way. I need sugestions on the rear suspension. What are the differences between a single and a double sway bar? is anyone using CE's slide a links? Our goal is to make it to Huntsville April 6 which is a little ambtious but at least its something to shoot for. Need help where we can get this project up and going as soon as possible and maybe not go through the mistakes others have already made. GOAL 5.00 w/stock location susp. and drag radials!!!!!!

YHAVAV8 said:
We started our EZ STREET project Saturday. The TRZ front end is on the way. I need sugestions on the rear suspension. What are the differences between a single and a double sway bar? is anyone using CE's slide a links? Our goal is to make it to Huntsville April 6 which is a little ambtious but at least its something to shoot for. Need help where we can get this project up and going as soon as possible and maybe not go through the mistakes others have already made. GOAL 5.00 w/stock location susp. and drag radials!!!!!!

Any pics? Sounds cool. :)

I will start some pics this weekend hopefully. Believe me when I say it is nothing to look at now. Unless you want to see a completely naked frame. We didn't get the scales out and wiegh it tonight but I am guessing around 200 lbs. Moch lighter and flimsey than I was expecting.

Where are you located?

I'll be running EZ in April also in a regal but I went turbo V8 instead. I heard rumors of a V6 Buick coming but don't know where it's coming from.

RTS motorsports???

What weight will you get to run at?

I'm interested in hearing the details about the car. I built the regal so I could go back V6 later if I choose to. I went V8 because of cost though.

5.0's will be tough in any car. I'll be happy in the .20's

We are from Jasper and ran the Black flamed procharged Mustang last year untill the unfortunate accident with Allen. We are going to run a 2001 twin 88'd stang this year and decided to build an Ez street car out of the Buick that was sitting gathering dust. We know 5.0s are ambitious but you have to have goals so set them high. I think they are going to make us wiegh 3300 but we are lobbying for a break due to the v6.

YHAVAV8 said:
We are from Jasper and ran the Black flamed procharged Mustang last year untill the unfortunate accident with Allen. We are going to run a 2001 twin 88'd stang this year and decided to build an Ez street car out of the Buick that was sitting gathering dust. We know 5.0s are ambitious but you have to have goals so set them high. I think they are going to make us wiegh 3300 but we are lobbying for a break due to the v6.

Well Kibler did run 5.0s with the V6 in LS trim at 3100lbs which I'm sure you already know.. Doing it at 3300 on the DRs will certainly not be an easy task, but nonetheless that is very cool to hear somebody else stepping up and running the V6 in the ORSCA stuff! Please keep us updated on your progress and yeah we definitely need some pics :cool:

OMG please give me all th information on your project.

BTW Chris Chow does easy 5.2 on Wolfe Stock Suspension with a double bar.
Should go 4.9s this year. I am hoping to run lower 5.s on my junk some day.
I have a full Wolfe set up and I am building a Twin Turbo 6.

YHAVAV8 said:

Is this Jeff or somebody else? I don't know any of the RTS guys but have some of the same friends so I know a bit about the operation. I heard about the incident with Allen and saw the new L/S car in Atlanta. It looked real nice. I know RTS has a Stage 2 GN but have never seen it. The 200r4 transmission out of that GN is in my buddies GN now. (Chris Hogeland) The thing with a turbo is it doesn't care how big the motor is. You should be able to make 1500+ with 274 inches. It won't be easy but it can be done and this is what they base the weight on, potential power. With the turbo limit at 94mm inlet we could see power getting in the 1700 range. A V6 will go through hell trying to make this kind of power. Some are making in the 1600 range now so I can't see over a 100lb break for the V6.

Good luck. Do you plan to run this car in April at Huntsville? I'll be there with mine.

When I saw Chows 1.28 60ft @ 3400 that let me know that 5.0s are possible with a stock suspended v6 buick, although everything will have to be perfect which may take a while. Don't misunderstand me, we don't expect to roll this thing out of the trailer and bust out a 4.9x we know what it is all about to get a car "there". It takes time. We are planning to take both cars wherever the rules allow and the money pays this year. The mustang will deffinately be at Huntsville and thet is when Randy (the R of rts) wants to have the buick ready. I doubt we will make it with 2 people working on it after hours but we are giving it our best effort. The front and rear suspension should be done next weekend and I will try to post some pics. It all depends on how well the parts can roll in without making us wait.

pics

Some progress today it's slow having to weld over all the sorry factory welds.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg