You can type here any text you want

F.A.S.T N2O wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

foxspy

Hey guys,

I have a couple questions about wiring up a nitrous kit w/ my F.A.S.T computer. I was looking in the installation manual and it said the pink wire goes to +12v for enabling the nitrous, red wire goes to +12v source, and orange wire goes to the positve side of the solenoid. So, if I have a wet kit, do I just run the orange wire to both nitrous and fuel solenoids? Would I use the pink wire to the switch, say on my dash? Then I found on the ECU pinout and wire list that ECU pin "T3 and W3" is for nitrous, "T3" is white and "W3" is blue. What are these wires for?

I went to the Nitrous Express website and was looking at the wiring schematics and I think I would just bypass the relay that comes w/ the kit. They have the switch that engages the system going to a TPS full throttle switch (which the F.A.S.T has), then going to a relay, and from the relay, it has a positve wire going to the solenoids (which I'm guessing is the orange wire on the F.A.S.T), and +12V source. But the relay has a wire that could goto a fuel pressure safety cutoff, how would I rig that up w/ the F.A.S.T?

So, I would just use the pink wire from the F.A.S.T and put that on a switch that would turn the nitrous system on, then use the orange wire to the positive sides of both fuel and nitrous solenoids. But what about the fuel pressure cutoff??

Can someone give me a brief explanation of how to wire up a wet kit using F.A.S.T?

Thanks.

JMO. The FAST has TPS position and rpm conditions to fire the nitrous. However I still took the time to wire in a traditional nitrous TPS hardware switch though as the final arbiter. This provides immeasurable peace of mind for me, just in case something goes wrong in the electronics (or maybe, in a hurry, I set the wrong conditions by accident ;-) Ya never know...

Regarding the solenoid hookup, you'll probably want the FAST to to drive a relay that turns on the solenoid(s). Don't connect the nitrous solenoid(s) directly to the FAST output.

PS The FAST outputs are low side drive, meaning they simply provide a switched ground path for the load when active. One side of the load gets connected to power, in this case 12v, the other side, the low side, gets connected to the FAST output. The load capability is limited, thus the need for that load to be a relay primary, not a nitrous solenoid :-) Nitrous solenoids, being only about a few Ohms or so of resistance, would likey burn out the FAST output IMO. A relay primary is on the order of 50-100 Ohms or so however and is a suitable load.

Hope that helps.

TurboTR

Back