You can type here any text you want

F-Body Radiator progress

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

batmansbuick

Superhero
So far, so good on the swap, thanks for everyones post on it. I'm at the point of either getting an external trans cooler or bending the lines. Looks to me like a lot of massaging to get them to line up? Leaning towards the cooler, unless you guys think its not as bad as it looks and have some tips :D

Attachments

• radiatorbend.jpg
    radiatorbend.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 245
  • oldrad.jpg
    oldrad.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 254
  • newrad.jpg
    newrad.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 254
So far, so good on the swap, thanks for everyones post on it. I'm at the point of either getting an external trans cooler or bending the lines. Looks to me like a lot of massaging to get them to line up? Leaning towards the cooler, unless you guys think its not as bad as it looks and have some tips :D

I had no trouble bending the lines to fit. Took about 5 min. Use the short lines that are still on your old radiator. I used a bending tool to bend the short lines and my hands to bend the long lines. The lines might not be long enough if you don't use the 2 short pieces.

I used a short piece of tubing to extend the line going to the top fitting. Made a cleaner looking install. :)

Just get a short hard line with the right ends from Autozone, etc. $4 - cut it in half, then run trans hose from original lines to the new line going in the radiator. If you have an external your going to be using the same type of trans hose anyways. I run both int. and ext. coolers.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/Cooler.JPG

Back