You can type here any text you want

f/s 1985 Yamaha RZ500. Rare bike.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KevinB

Year, Make and Model of Bike: 1985 Yamaha RZ500
Price ; $7900

Located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area

Selling this for a friend. Contact me if you are interested.

1985 Yamaha RZ500 V4 2 cycle. Very rare. 90% sorted. Very good condition, except for a couple minor paint imperfections. Clear OH title.

This is a very rare bike. I think he said there are about 300 in the US (RZ500's were never sold in the US).
Here's a link to the RZ500 history:
www.rz500.net

The engine is fresh, has new tires and is up to date on all maintenance. Seriously, the owner is very anal about this bike lol.

I do not have any actual pics of the bike, but it is near mint.

Here's a stock photo:
image007.jpg

I love those bikes, I had Yellow/Black RZ350 when I was in College. I always wanted one of the 500's. Sweet bike. I love lightweight 2 strokes. I have a friend that may be interested. Does it have stock exhaust or Toomy's?

It sold locally to the first person that came to look at it.

BTW, it was 100% bone stock.

Wow, a post that I have some knowledge on for a change:smile:

One of the great two stroke machines, and bought right!

Wow, a post that I have some knowledge on for a change:smile:

One of the great two stroke machines, and bought right!

He's big into them. He is keeping the RZ350 he owns with less than 5K miles in showroom condition.

Awesome! I've owned 2 RZ's and more RD's than I can remember. I have a very rare NSR250 Honda now.

That was/is a great price for a rare bike. You really don't see many for sale ever! I also have a love for the 2 stroke street bikes and own/ ride a '72 Kawasaki H2 750 triple I restored. I've always wondered what it would be like to ride the RZ 500, or my dream bike which is the Suzuki rgb Gamma 500.

philosobrad- bring your NSR 250 to the 10th annual 2 stroke street bike meet first week of May '09 at Deal's Gap, N.C. We'll have plenty of smokers there! :cool: :wink:

Would absolutely love to.........I have a BMW motorcycle rally that weekend as well........Hmmmmm

Would absolutely love to.........I have a BMW motorcycle rally that weekend as well........Hmmmmm

Bring 'em both. I always bring my 4 stroker too (ZRX 1200R). Besides the Dragon, there are numerous great roads to ride. We had over 100 smokers there last year.

Back