Factory Head Unit Quit??

ApullinV6

My Factory Radio quit, have no idea why? Last time I drove the car was about 2 weeks ago. I got back from the Hot Rod Run in Pigeon Forges Tenn. Monday and had the fever of going out and driving my GN. Well when I got in I noticed that my Clock display wasn't working, I cut the radio on and it still didn't do anything. I mean anything. My Antenna came up that's it. Well, abut 20 minutes later it came on only for a brief second then went hay wire. No sound but the numbers looked like they were scaning and not picking up anything. You could manually put it on a station and it still will not do anything. Now the display is blank again.

Up until now I've wanted the stock appearance, but looks like I might be putting something else in.

Sounds like your head unit bit the dust :eek: . If you want to keep the factory look, you can always purchase a replacement Delco (cheaper to replace than repair). You can also get a newer style 1.5 din and interface it into your factory Buick wiring. A Delco Monsoon CD player would be a nice upgrade and still maintain the factory appearance. If you do a search, you will find a pic of FlyinGNs Monsoon that he put in his GN. He is very happy with his Monsoon.

Monsoon CD Player

Thanks Auto Wizard, Would this be the unit your talking about?

GMC Chevy Buick Delco Am,Fm CD Cassette Radio
Item # 1348229092