Factory looking CD player??...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Is there a CD player from another GM vehicle that would look factory installed in our GNs without any wires to cut? If yes, what model? If no, what would look nice? I don't want no big speakers or amplifiers, just to be able to play CDs in my GN...Thanks for your advice. Claude.:)

I believe the Delco radio's out of 96 or newer Chevy trucks, suburbans and Tahoe's fit in.

I think in '90, Gm changed the radio plug size to a smaller size. I've seen Typhoon (Syclone) factory cd in Gn's, it looked real cool but I didn't ask about the wiring. If you do go that route there is a company called Metra who sells a plug kit to plug into your existing wiring and the open leads are color coordinated to any aftermarket radio. So you can cut that plug and not the original wiring. If you need a stereo to fill the cavity I hope you find a Gm cd for short money, they usually go for quite a bit.

You may need to bolt in the factory Buick mounting tabs on the after market GM CD players because the mounting tabs are generally different.

I've done a GM radio swap and here is my experience with it.

The wiring harness was changed to a 21 pin ( I believe) harness in 1988, so 88 and up are all the same. The 87 and down are all the same. Metra does make a harness that you can just plug your factory buick wiring into and it will fit into the receptors for the 88-up radios. The newer Delco radios are a little thicker than the 2 knob on the left side delco cassette decks. Pontiac radios have red backlighting, so you might want to avoid them because of that, and the fact that their switch gear will look nothing like anything in your cars.

I would try to find an early to mid 90's CD player from a Lumina, Camaro, or Cavalier, and put your original knobs from your cassette decks on it.

Just my $.02

Chris

A 1994 Park Ave CD player looks pretty stock IMO. It's black and the buttons all seem to be basically like our radios, just oval shaped.

Try to find one out of a typhoon. Ive had a few in my GN and the typhoon is the best looking by far. All you need to change are the wire harness and you will need to use the old mounting tabs off of your stock GN radio. other than that it bolts right in. Oh you need the antenna adapter also. Try ebay;)