You can type here any text you want

Fake GNX market being created.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ncmalko1

#1 Eagles fan
The majority of us salivate over the GNX's being sold on ebay. The thing is that they rarely change hands. They have people bid them up into the $100 G area yet the car is never sold. It leaves us with the impression that people are paying $100,000 for a low milage GNX. I wouldn't pay more then 55,000 for any GNX. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

sounds alot like the scam that the barrett jackson auctions are pulling, is a Hemi cuda really worth 5 million, hell no. its very believable that this is going on

Market dictates price. An original set model of the U.S.S. Enterprise sold for over 1 million:eek: I turned down 88k for mine (GNX).... I just like looking at it too much. When that wears off I will sell it for the highest amount possible, Just like anyone else would do with any other product.

Long as somebody is willing to pay it, it is worth it:wink:

Documented sales

There have been many documented sales of GNX's over the last couple of years. Kirbans website has them with dates and prices, and ebay has many "reserve met" sales. The cars are really worth what they are selling for and will only increase in value. It is the most collectable 20 years old car out there.

NCMALKO1 can you provide some proof that the cars are not changing hands?

Pete

Want proof? Look at the 9 mile GNX thats always on Ebay with a buy now price around $110,000. It gets bid up to over 100 G's and then it's relisted again, over and over and over. If you look at the thread about that GNX on this website the owner is saying he won't sell it, he lists his GNX to keep interest high.

Then go to a GN show and everyone will be talking about that GNX that just sold on Ebay for 100 G's.

Everyone who know GN's and GNX's knows that car and knows that it has not sold. I have been to a few GN shows this year and have not heard that. I will never be able to afford a GNX but they do sell in the 70k range.

Pete

Want proof? Look at the 9 mile GNX thats always on Ebay with a buy now price around $110,000. It gets bid up to over 100 G's and then it's relisted again, over and over and over. If you look at the thread about that GNX on this website the owner is saying he won't sell it, he lists his GNX to keep interest high.

Then go to a GN show and everyone will be talking about that GNX that just sold on Ebay for 100 G's.

Well I hate to break it to you, but that car did change hands several months ago. The guy advertising it bought it from the original dealer maybe 3 months ago for a very large chunk of change.

And yes, many of these cars are changing hands. Most of the ones that don't hit reserve, get sold off of Ebay once the auction ends.

The car you are pointing out, is one that had changed hands. The original selling dealer had it on Ebay four or five times, before striking a deal with the dealer in Texas.

Hell I will admit I would have bought that 180k mile gnX on eBay for 31k, just for the hell of it (had I the money :rolleyes: ). It would be worth it to me, and I would drive the hell out of it...

It's really funny when it comes to values on cars. The people that shout from the roof tops that something is not worth the price, are usually the ones that can not afford it. Just because someone can not afford it, does not mean its not worth the price! It only takes one person to make the value of a vehicle worth the price that is sought. I can't afford some of the GNX's that are being sold, but that surely doesn't mean the car is not worth the price. There were 547 GNX's, in 87, tell me the last true limited production specialty cars that were produced? And don't bring up a car that was hyped from this person or the other. Shelby would be a good example of a marketed car in recent years.

It's really funny when it comes to values on cars. The people that shout from the roof tops that something is not worth the price, are usually the ones that can not afford it. Just because someone can not afford it, does not mean its not worth the price! It only takes one person to make the value of a vehicle worth the price that is sought. I can't afford some of the GNX's that are being sold, but that surely doesn't mean the car is not worth the price. There were 547 GNX's, in 87, tell me the last true limited production specialty cars that were produced? And don't bring up a car that was hyped from this person or the other. Shelby would be a good example of a marketed car in recent years.

Well Said !!!!!!

I recently sold 2 of mine. 90K for a 900 mile car and 63K for my 15K miles car. So yes, they do change hands for big money.

tell me the last true limited production specialty cars that were produced?

The 89 Turbo Trans AM
The 91 GMC Syclone
The 92/93 Typhoon
The ZR1

Few others :)

Now that are bringing this kind of money.. I cant think of any.

I own an 87 GN with T-tops that i bought 13 years ago. I bought my car with t-tops bc it's my Sunday summer cruiser.

I probably will never be able to realistically afford a GNX unless I sell my GN, daily driver 83 gti and 2007 Monte carlo SS and empty my bank savings account and take mass transportation daily!

I have all respect for the GNX and I do believe that it's a beautiful car and I commend all the GNX owners that can afford these highly respected fotunate 547 turbo machines.

However, most people cannot afford to buy a GNX and Thank God we can afford our GNs and Turbo Ts.
Let's not forget that every GNX began life as a GN. Therefore, I forsee that the value of mint, original GNs and Turbo Ts will rise in the future.

While i love the GNX, one thing that bothers me is that these original GNs were modifyed after they were built by GM.

I know that ASC/McLaren did tons of research and many people were involved to create the GNX but it's still an altered vehicle.
These high priced GNXs were still prone to the brake recalls just like the GN.

The best feature that I like about the GNX is the real gauges.

Frank

Value is simply what it (anything) is worth to someone, so to say the GNXs are not worth 100K is to ignore the fact that some are fetching that. Would I pay that? No, Would I like to sell one for that, you bet. The fact is, the market, paying buyers market, not sellers advertised price IS the REAL VALUE. It really is that simple. I dont wanna sound like a jerk, but every month someone wants to over complicate the fact, if something sells for $100,000, or $1 that is its agreed value by 2, the buyer and seller. If that begins a trend to a higher or lower price that is its rel value, Supply and demand will always influence this, but now rich guys at B.J, and E-bay are changing things. It really feels like a sellers market this year IMO.

427 Cobra's did this back in 1976 before most of you guys were born :eek: :biggrin: they were limited cars like the GNX and it went like the GNX market is today (prices tripled in 6 months back then :eek: ) .. like others have said it's worth what someone with $$$$$ will pay IF he wants the car :cool:

The 89 Turbo Trans AM
The 91 GMC Syclone
The 92/93 Typhoon
The ZR1

Few others :)

Now that are bringing this kind of money.. I cant think of any.

You forgot the 93 Mustang Cobras. Some of the low mileage ones are changing hands for what they went for new. 93 Cobra R models will go $50k + (note Ford only made 107 of them). Some of the 87-95 Saleens.

Back