You can type here any text you want

Fan Switches

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nwarky

Does anybody know how to put a switch in the TTA so that you can control the fans to be on high, low or the chip setting. If you know how please post because i've done many searches and cannot find it.

Thanks

Tap into the green wire w/ yellow stripe just under front of TB.... I think it is covered in black tape.Then run it to a switch in your car. This is for the High speed fan only....I run mine all the time when im driving and at the track I leave it on after a pass for 10-20 minutes then shut it off.

HTH
Bo

Oh, anybody have the TCC switch directions from gnttype website? I searched and couldn't find it.

Thanks
Bo

Where exactly is it? So this switch, when it's on, will run the left or the right fan? Also if the switch is on, will it get rid of the chip settings? I'm just a little confused. Thanks

You can go directlt to the clips on the fans themselves. Take the ground wire from pigtail going to the primary fan and jump it to the other fan ground. That will make both fans turno on at the same time. You can also tap into it to run you a toggle under the dash to turn it on when you want. It's ground based when the sensor grounds out it turns the fans on.

trading t/a,

If you do the mod you posted about and put a toggle switch to it, with the toggle switch off will it go back to the chip settings. Thanks for a reply from both of you.

It will act the same. The only thing you're doing is enabling yourself to ground it on your own, when not used it will use the normal functions of the ecm and temp switch to turn it on..

HTH!

Pete

That's what i needed. Now if I could only find the clips your talking about :D . Does this mod mean I have to splice wires? That's fine if it does but could please elaborate on how to do it.
Thanks

That's what i needed. Now if I could only find the clips your talking about :D . Does this mod mean I have to splice wires? That's fine if it does but could you please elaborate on how to do it.
Thanks

The clips are the ones going into each fan. Not hard at all to figure out. Good thing is that if you ground the wrong lead you'll only spin the fan backwards. you'll figure it out!!!!

If you ground the green wire on top of the intake, thats the high speed fan temp sensor. What that does is run the high speed fan. Just like when you turnon the AC.

If you leave that wire grounded, when you shut the ignition off, it runs the fan for 10-15 minutes then turns it off automatically so it doesnt drain the battery.

Very easy to do with minimal splicing.

Back