You can type here any text you want

Fan wiring.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MO_TTA

Can anyone look at their TTA and see where wiring harness to the cooling fans is routed?

I’m doing some restoration work on my TTA and it currently has an aftermarket fan.

I have the portion of the harness that runs behind the radiator to both fans, but for the life of me, I can’t find where it was clipped and presumably tucked away.

The wiring on the portion that I have has three wires. Black (ground), black w/red tracer, black w/pink tracer.

tta fan 3.jpg
tta fan 2.jpg
tta fan 1.jpg

tta fan 4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the help!

Any chance if you know whether the fans are controlled by the ECM or is the fan relay activated by a thermal switch? I'm pretty sure that the fan relay is activated by an on/off temperature switch on V8 third-gen f-bodies that kicks on at ~220°

My car has been modded quite a bit, but it's not butchered. It currently has a flex-a-lite adjustable temperature fan relay. I'm trying to decide if that's actually a better functioning system than the stock one or if it would make more sense to put back to stock.

Edit: (nevermind, I just saw the last picture)

Last edited:
i posted the wiring diagram
secondary fan is controlled by D2 pin at ecm ... temp determined by chip programming , stock was on around 194 , tt chips usually turn on at 167
the primary fan is controlled by the intake temp switch below throttle body and shows 224 for turn on temp
additionally the primary fan will run when a/c is on through the a/c pressure switch

Back