You can type here any text you want

FAST Acutal AF stuck at 15.94

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alaskabuick

This just started happening tonight on a drive with my Dad, car started to stumble at light cruise. Would clear up when I boosted it, just like it was loading up.

Went home and got the pc hooked up a to see what was going on. The Actual AF is stuck at 15.94 and never moves, idle cruise, etc. The correction is way up around 19% like would be expected.

What does this mean? Is my sensor bad?

If so where should I get a new one from?

Thanks.

Dennis

Is whith an XFI?classic fast?on your dashboard check your "UEGO" readings.their are 3 of them.if any of them are "RED" while it is running,chances are the O2 is bad.

Nick,

Sounds like a bad O2 to me. Make sure you don't have wires laying on a header or something like that, and check the UEGOS voltage. It should be around 0.45, but I bet it isn't.

New O2s can be gotten cheap from Ballenger Motorsports - High Performance Electronics, and then call FAST and get the option file that does away with the serialized O2 sensors. You'll have a little under 200 dollars into the whole thing.

Sounds like a bad O2 to me. Make sure you don't have wires laying on a header or something like that, and check the UEGOS voltage. It should be around 0.45, but I bet it isn't.

New O2s can be gotten cheap from Ballenger Motorsports - High Performance Electronics, and then call FAST and get the option file that does away with the serialized O2 sensors. You'll have a little under 200 dollars into the whole thing.
Craig what did you do, copy my post? LOL

Fast

Thanks for the responce Guys.

I called Fast today just to check, they want $394 for the sensor and the file the goes with it? Is this right?

On the Ballenger Motorsports site they recomend part#SNSR-01013 Bosch LSU Wideband O2 Sensor for $64 Bones.

Confused, what else do I need besides the 02 sensor?

My system is a Classic FAST.

Dennis

The fast sensor has a resistor [?], in the plug.. So it's now $400, instead of $65.....

Thanks for the responce Guys.

I called Fast today just to check, they want $394 for the sensor and the file the goes with it? Is this right?

On the Ballenger Motorsports site they recomend part#SNSR-01013 Bosch LSU Wideband O2 Sensor for $64 Bones.

Confused, what else do I need besides the 02 sensor?

My system is a Classic FAST.

Dennis

the option disk that craig was referring to. need to get that from fast.

The fast sensor has a resistor [?], in the plug.. So it's now $400, instead of $65.....

Nope!

The resistor comes from NTK, not FAST. It really is a calibration resistor used to make the sensor accurate.

You can't use the Bosch sensor, only the NTK with the classic FAST unit. Sorry.

Call FAST and tell them you want the option file that lets you use any O2 sensor. It's $25 IIRC. Then get the sensor from Ballenger and you are all set.

They also said I need my serial # off my FAST
1). If you would click on the link in my previous post i done for you it goes right to the "Correct" o2 sensor you need.

2). like Craig said, you just need to call f.a.s.t and give them your serial numbers off your box and they will send you the option disc or they will send it to your computer and you can download it to a CD.

3). once you download it to your laptop and enter that option in, then your all set! if you have any problems uploading the option into the fast box call Lance from F.a.s.t he'll walk you through it in 2min.

Scot w.

Nope!

The resistor comes from NTK, not FAST. It really is a calibration resistor used to make the sensor accurate.

You can't use the Bosch sensor, only the NTK with the classic FAST unit. Sorry.

Call FAST and tell them you want the option file that lets you use any O2 sensor. It's $25 IIRC. Then get the sensor from Ballenger and you are all set.
TRUE! It can only be a L1-H1 compatable sensor! The one in my post above IS THE CORRECT ONE!!!

Not sure what all these mean but you smart Guys will

UEGOR- 3.90
UEGOS - .37
UEGO - 4.98

Thanks

Not sure what all these mean but you smart Guys will

UEGOR- 3.90
UEGOS - .37
UEGO - 4.98

Thanks
those are very similar to mine when mine was bad.
Mine showed: UEGOS = .31

UEGOS - .37

This is the one that tells the sad tale. The other two can vary from sensor to sensor and across different operating conditions, but UEGOS should always be 0.43 to 0.47 when running. Anything else is generally a sign of sensor failure. :(

This is the one that tells the sad tale. The other two can vary from sensor to sensor and across different operating conditions, but UEGOS should always be 0.43 to 0.47 when running. Anything else is generally a sign of sensor failure. :(

+1 Get the new sensor from ballenger along with the o2 option from f.a.s.t and never look back.. Let us know how it works!

thanks

Got is coming.. still have to call fast for the download.

Man way cheaper to get the sensor from Ballanger.

Dennis

Back