You can type here any text you want

FAST Data Logger Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Morgan

I have a FAST Bank to Bank unit and have the optional Data Logger. The question I have is that whenever I want to switch from the laptop to the data logger I have to unplug the data logger from the harness and then connect it to the laptop. While this isnt the biggest deal in the world it is inconvinient. Is there an adapter that I can use so I can hook up both at once or can I instead splice into the wiring harness that goes to the Data Logger and add the laptop cable?
Thanks for the help..........John

I did not know FAST made just a datalogger.

Why not use the one that comes in the ECM?

Not enough channels?

With the data logger you dont need to have your laptop hooked up to record. After you are done recording a pass you just hook your laptop up to the data logger and download the info. It just saves you from the worry of your laptop rolling around in the car.

You can't splice the two together. Neither will work if you do.

Right now the method you are using is the only method. We're making a 3-way switch that allows you to select between PC to data logger, PC to ECU, or ECU to data logger without having to change any cable connections.

I wish I did. This, like all the other projects we have going, will be ready "as soon as possible." We have so many projects going on that I personally don't know the timelines for most of them. More wiring solutions, induction components, ignition systems, fuel systems, and many other parts are all on the way. It's pretty tough to say exactly when, though.

Back