You can type here any text you want

FAST- Engine Position Q please post

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pro Stock John

Hey guys-

I'm tired of holding for Tony or Mike at FAST, I think they too busy, here goes...

What does FAST need to see as far as (trying to phrase this) as far as engine position? What kind of signal input?

Is it a cam pulse or?

I have someone who will make a box that will eliminate the need for an external crank trigger on an LS1 if I get them that info. We already know that:

Q's:
Well, is the MSD trigger just 4x? Or is there an
extra one to mark the start of the revolution?

Are you looking for adjustibility of the timing
between the cam pulse and the crank pulses?

are you looking for just a reconfigure of the crank?

The cam is 1x, high for 1 bank, low for the next.
the crank is 24x per rev, coded so the PCM knows what
cylinder it's on within 3 or 4 teeth.

If someone can give me the info here it will save me calling around to 5-6 contacts to get the answer.

No way I am doing an external crank trigger.

Why

Why no external Crank Trigger? Just curious cause I think it would just be cheaper to get it.

Rob

P.S. you can check out my webpage I have pics of my crank trigger.

www.96z28ss.cz28.com

Actually a crank trigger setup for me would cost over $500 since it would be custom made...

I'm getting conflicting information from folks and I don't get it.

Facts:
LS1 crank output = 24x
FAST crank input = 4x

LS1 cam output = 1x
FAST crank input = 4x

Supposedly true:
Edist will converter 1x to 4x

But some folks say that if I add the Edist, that my bank to bank FAST will not work to control timing.

Anyone know?

Lance? Craig?

ACCEL gen7 for the LS1 came out and it plugs right in, help me out I need to make mine do the same thing.

John
FAST CSP 1
bank to bank

Currently you need a 4X signal from your engine. We are working on making your 24X signal compatible but that is not available right now.

The LS1 cam sensor is a single pulse per rotation of the cam, it is on for half of the rotation, off for the other half. This signal goes straight to the eDist without any need for modifications of any sort.

Whoever told you the bank to bank system won't control the timing is mistaken. It works exactly like the sequential system does in this instance. The only thing the SEFI system offers over the B2B system in terms of ignition control is individual cylinder tuning. But the ignition output from the B2B and the SEFI boxes are the same signal. The difference is how the injectors are controlled.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your patience. We are working on many new projects right now and this is one of them.

Rob

I see you have coil packs. Can you give me some insight on that. Have you done away with the opti? You have a crank trigger for the FAST I gather.

Yes I have a website.
Its www.96z28ss.cz28.com Its a very basic website. I'm not good at html stuff.
I think i may get rid of the cam sync and go to a hal effect type set up, not sure yet. I think the hal effect is a better way to go.

Back