You can type here any text you want

Fast Help: Map sensor not matching

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BoostedGT

Okay... this is going to sound weird but hopefully someone has come across the problem before and can help. So I start the car and get the fast all sync'd up by hitting F2. I hit f9 to view my dashboard and the map sensor shows -0.8psi at idle. I open my Base Spark Table which is MAP vs RPM. Well the little bubble is on 119KPA and halfway in between the 500 and 1000 rpm mark like it should be. Well I go to open my fuel curve (volumetric efficiency) and I notice that the little bubble is sitting all the way down at 1kpa and in between 500 to 1000rpm. What the heck?! How are the two not matching? Is there a setting that I've inadvertently hit? Oh btw, the car now does not want to spool on the line. It hits 0psi and just sits there like a bump on a log. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm lost.

I don't have an answer to your question, but if the car is idling, 119kpa would be way wrong, just like 1kpa is way wrong.

Key on engine off, you should see a map reading of something like 96-100kpa. Engine idling (pulling a vacuum) the map reading should be quite a bit lower!!!!
Both of your kpa readings are whacked.

I don't have an answer to your question, but if the car is idling, 119kpa would be way wrong, just like 1kpa is way wrong.

Key on engine off, you should see a map reading of something like 96-100kpa. Engine idling (pulling a vacuum) the map reading should be quite a bit lower!!!!
Both of your kpa readings are whacked.

I thought 119 was rather high too... I wonder if my map sensor is taking a dump or something. I called the FAST help line and it was hard to troubleshoot since I'm not with the car right now. I just found it weird that one table would read 119kpa and the other would read 1kpa.

Add an extra ground to your MAP sensor plug.

You have two problems here. The reason the two screens don't match is because you don't have MAP (kpa) in the dashboard of the VE table. FAST should have caught that.

You have two problems here. The reason the two screens don't match is because you don't have MAP (kpa) in the dashboard of the VE table. FAST should have caught that.

Hmm and that is what FAST said when I called them earlier. I thought that last night and I changed my dashboard in the VE table to match the dashboard in the base spark table. It still was all jacked up. :mad:

Back