Fast idle Gremlin...86 gn

Madmustard

I ve got rid of all the gremlins on this thing except this thing idles at like 3000 rpm in park...sometimes goes down to normal-sometimes doesnt...

No codes and dont believe a vacuum leak

Is it the tps?I need to figure this out...Help a rookie out!

Have you backed the idle screw back yet? What is your tps reading at idle? What are the iac numbers at idle? You'll need a scanmaster to figure this out, at least in a timely fashion...

Idling at 3k rpm sounds like the idle stop screw is pushed way out and IAC counts are probably at 00. Reset the IAC. This process also involves reseting the TPS. IAC counts should be around 15-30 and TPS set between .42-.44 volts.

IAC Adjustment

I have a scanmaster and just checked the above again..... .44 volts at idle which is good and wot is within range as well.IAC was 22 and continually dropping the warmer it got...

so this time it did NOT idle crazy high...why does this happen erradically?Sometimes extremely high idle in park and sometimes its just fine...

Should I replace the tps?if its a chance its this let me know i will replace it its not about the cost.thx...

I have a scanmaster and just checked the above again..... .44 volts at idle which is good and wot is within range as well.IAC was 22 and continually dropping the warmer it got...

so this time it did NOT idle crazy high...why does this happen erradically?Sometimes extremely high idle in park and sometimes its just fine...

Should I replace the tps?if its a chance its this let me know i will replace it its not about the cost.thx...

Sounds like a bad IAC motor. Check both IAC and tps when it's acting up. My dad's tpi car does the same thing every great once in a while.