You can type here any text you want

FAST Install/ LT1w/Optispark>>>>

• Thread starter Thread starter PureEvil
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
P

PureEvil

Just picked up my FAST system with the stand alone universal harness. Car is a 95 LT1 w/optispark..

The factory computer and wiring has been gutted. There are no wires going to the ignition control module anymore.

Im having some problems wiring up the optispark/ignition control module and MSD box all together with the FAST.

Here is what I have:

PIN K3 A: Tan/Black to Coil Driver....

There are 2 wires in question off the Ignition Module:
WHITE=Ignition Control Wire
White/Black=Coil Driver

Not sure which im supossed to use...
I sneaked a peak at the FASTTRACK splice in harness and they tap into the white ignition control wire, not the white/black coil driver wire.

PIN J3 B: Brown/White to DistA Red/Black (Low Res Signal)
PIN K2 C: Not Used
PIN J2 D: Black/White to Dist D Pink/Black(Ref Low)

I guess I do NOT need to use any High Res signal wires here??..

Now to the Igniton Control Module

There are 4 wires:

White(Ign Control)
Black(ground)
White/Black(Coil Driver)
Pink/Black??

I am clueless on where to connect these wires.

From my msd box I have the black and orange going to my coil, and the red to 12v ignition.

Where does the white wire connect to in this system?

---------

Any help would be muuuch appreciated.. I hope the information provided is sufficient for you to understand what im trying to do.

Thanks!

Russ
1995 TransAm

No, you will not need to run the high res signal wire to anything. The FAST only needs the low res signal.

Don't forget to put a switched +12 source to pin C of the Optispark unit - it won't run if you don't!

I wish I knew off the top of my head how the secondary side of the Optispark gets wired in with an MSD box, I'd be happy to tell you. :( You may wish to contact MSD if no one here comes up with it.

Hope this helps a little, at least.

Thanks Craig!

Appreciate your help.

Ive got everything nailed down on the opti side.

Looking at the MSD harness i bought to use with my GM dual connector coil. There are 2 red and 2 white wires going to the coils wiring. MSD has them both colors going together to white and red into the box.

Im going to plug this harness in on a car tomorrow and see what colors it matches up to. This "should" tell me how to wire up the msd.

Although, im only aware of 2 wires that go to the coil, and those are from the ignition control module.

Blah! I need a real distributor. :)

Thanks

Russ

Well I have the system wired up. But a new problem has shown its ugly face.

When I crank to start my voltage drops down to 7-8 volts. Ive checked my ground connections, have 2 gauge cables, 2 good grounds, new starter, new battery. My next guess is a bad keyswitch.

I accidentally switched pos and neg cables earlier this year, so im thinking that could have damaged the keyswitch?

Russ

Back