You can type here any text you want

Fast refresh rate in chips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

I seen somewhere where some chips have a fast refresh rate option. Which chips have this option, and is it on their chips by default? How much faster than the factory refresh rate (of 1 frame every 1.5 sec. is it?) does this option give you?

Yes, the Extender chips can be ordered with the fast update option.

TT chips can also be programmed with the fast patch update but you have to request it when ordering. Eric can also add it on a TT chip you already have for a small fee I believe.

The fast update patch for the Scanmaster 2.1 makes the refresh rate of 02's and knock retard 3x faster. It also adds injector pulse width and spark timing. The only drawback is you lose the malfunction code readout (if you have a SM 2.0 you lose IAC). The fast update patch is for people who have their SM plugged into the ALDL port under the dash. If you have a Powerlogger the fast update patch is not necessary.

TT chips can also be programmed with the fast patch update but you have to request it when ordering. Eric can also add it on a TT chip you already have for a small fee I believe.

The fast update patch for the Scanmaster 2.1 makes the refresh rate of 02's and knock retard 3x faster. It also adds injector pulse width and spark timing. The only drawback is you lose the malfunction code readout (if you have a SM 2.0 you lose IAC). The fast update patch is for people who have their SM plugged into the ALDL port under the dash. If you have a Powerlogger the fast update patch is not necessary.
Learn something new everyday. How about with a sm 2.2, AEM WB, power logger and 6.1TT?

I was unaware of the injector pw upgrade. I opted to NOT have this in my extender chip as I wanted the MAL codes still. I'd give that up for pw though.

I was unaware of the injector pw upgrade. I opted to NOT have this in my extender chip as I wanted the MAL codes still. I'd give that up for pw though.
Hmmmm, right that would make sense with high flow injectors and/or with E85. Or even big cams for that I guess

Back