FAST™ XFI™ Fuel Injection Training Course Open For Enrollment

I enjoyed the course, I was surprised that I wasn't the only Canadian. There were 4 turbobuick types there which I think is respectable out of 25 attendees. I plan to sign up to sign up for the next level.

WOW. If I'm reading this they want $495 registration fee. They got to be smoking crack or something. If I was you Bryan, I would pay Cal to drive around with you and teach you some tuning 101. You will get a lot more out of it.

I would have to agree. The cost of the class is outrageous for a 1 day seminar and I am sure it is not Buick V6 specific. Even if I had the money to blow I don't see this class as a value to the Buick crowd.

Bryan

How does that go? You give a man a fish you feed him for a day. You teach him to fish you feed him for a life time. How can you say you don’t see any value in it for the Buick community? Any one on the board would recognize the names of the other highly regarded Turbobuick members that attended the course. And you think there would be no benefit for us. What a joke........

Life is tough, its alot tougher if you are stupid. – John Wayne

Thank-you Brian Macey, the Comp Cams staff and the registrants for their input and questions. Yes I made sure some questions were Buick specific, and who knows maybe one day I might tune something other than a Buick. I learned alot, made some good contacts, got some discounts , learned alot and had a great time.
But thanks again for your input, again what was it based upon? Price? I have a couple of very expensive motors at stake. I think you generally get what you pay for , I know I did.

How does that go? You give a man a fish you feed him for a day. You teach him to fish you feed him for a life time. How can you say you don’t see any value in it for the Buick community? Any one on the board would recognize the names of the other highly regarded Turbobuick members that attended the course. And you think there would be no benefit for us. What a joke........

Life is tough, its alot tougher if you are stupid. – John Wayne

Thank-you Brian Macey, the Comp Cams staff and the registrants for their input and questions. Yes I made sure some questions were Buick specific, and who knows maybe one day I might tune something other than a Buick. I learned alot, made some good contacts, got some discounts , learned alot and had a great time.
But thanks again for your input, again what was it based upon? Price? I have a couple of very expensive motors at stake. I think you generally get what you pay for , I know I did.

I guess you are now the XFI guru after your one day overpriced seminar? Congratulations! How much do they want for the next class ? Glad you have money to throw around and got something out of the class.

The idea behind the class was good... the greed that followed is what is being questioned. I guess you can't understand that. I don't care who was in attendance or how highly touted they are...doesn't change the fact that their pricing structure counted-out most of the people on here. I have a very expensive motor too as do alot of members here. The simple fact is that most of us don't have $500.00 to throw at a one-day tuning class, let alone having to go to multiple classes for the "advanced tuning"
"what a joke" is correct!

Bryan

I could never hope to be an EFI guru. I just hope to be an educated consumer.

A vendor stepped, commissioned EFI University to put on a course, offered support and reference material, granted at a price I made the choice to enroll in that. I got a good contact on the O2 sensors and what OEM cars they come on. If I buy 2 of those I will recoup my cost. Please understand $500.00 is alot of money for me but compared to the 1700.00 BS3 I have sitting on a shelf and the hours of aggreivation spent on that its a drop in the bucket.

I respect your opinion, I was just trying to offer positive feedback for other members that might be considering the course.

Course

Bryan,

The way Charlie explained it to me is.... those who tune for a living or on a fairly consistent basis will get the most from the course. Not that regular Joe can't understand it but you need to apply this information to get the most from the course. (Not to mention the learning curve as with anything new.)

He said it was a lot of important information and several Buick people. Only thing he would have prefered would be actual hand's on.

Kelli

Any one on the board would recognize the names of the other highly regarded Turbobuick members that attended the course.

Who else attended? I'm not very good with screen names, fxdxlr8 where did you purchase your XFI?

A lot of times these classes stir even more questions. If any customer of mine attended and needs more information, please give me a call.

Perhaps, more people will appreciate the classes that Richard Clark offers to the Buick community for free.

A little expensive, yes, but I went anyway. I have about 9 years tuning experience on FAST, but I'm always open to learning new things.

Between Brian Macy and Lance Ward, I was able to learn a little more about the inner workings of the XFI. Also I wanted more info on installs other than turbo Buick, which I got.

I thought Brian did a good job.

It was fairly close to me, so it was just a drive and I didn't have to pay for plane tickets.:)

I think its a good deal personally.
BUT if you can't retain and learn easily most will forget almost everything
they learn as it goes by fast.
where else can you take such a class?

Who else attended? I'm not very good with screen names, fxdxlr8 where did you purchase your XFI?

A lot of times these classes stir even more questions. If any customer of mine attended and needs more information, please give me a call.

Perhaps, more people will appreciate the classes that Richard Clark offers to the Buick community for free.

I'll bet $495.00 a guy would learn more from you in a hands on tuning experience with you and know how to actually do it themselves after a session with you. I say you do one of these seminars at one of the Buick events. Maybe even for a little less... :eek: ;) :biggrin: