You can type here any text you want

fast tuning questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alaskabuick

Need some basic advice, still learning

1 .Car wants to stall when quickly letting off the throttle at low speeds.

2. Car starts up good when cold but have to crank the heck out of it when is up to temp, almost seems like it is flooding.

3. Car seems real rich when I 1st punch it, in transition to full throttle.
My 02's look good at WOT, but seem rich right at first.

I heard their is a key you can hit for auto correct that will correct the AF while running?

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Dennis

Sounds exactly mike mine did. I have made changes that others dis-agree with. I lowered my timing at idle to 17 degrees, and it jumps back up to the 30 range right off idle. My original tune had that idle cell around 35-33, but I could not get the car to run right like that.

Then, watch the VE table when you lett off the gas. Watch the highlighted area, drop to the bottom and then move to the left as the engine drops RPM. Also watch the A/F on your dashboard. I had to play with those numbers in the VE for while untill my car ran clean. I had to pull alot of fuel out to get the A/F back up to a more stoich reading to prevent stalling. Those cells are only used during deceloration.

Then there are a few cells that you only use when you first apply the gas. Same colum as the idle, but the highlightd cell jumps just above the idle cells. The car only stays in those cells for a brief moment, so watching what happens in the A/F numbers is tricky without recording.

I sat in my car and kept making stabs at the throttle while braking untill I had it as clean as I could get.

I have a ways to go before I could consider myself a succesful self-tuner, but I'm getting there. Order the FAST tuning video from Cotton.

Another thing you could look at is your throttle follower curve, but i think that would just be covering up a minor problem.

Back