You can type here any text you want

fast tuning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanmachine

Just installed xfi and loaded base tune,it seems fat to me. It would be nice to start off with a decent street tune . Or do i need to start from scratch like the rest of you guys did? But then again a little help would be great.

Just installed xfi and loaded base tune,it seems fat to me. It would be nice to start off with a decent street tune . Or do i need to start from scratch like the rest of you guys did? But then again a little help would be great.
Contact your vendor they can usually supply a decent start up program.
almost every program will need to tweeked regardless

Yeah thats right its time to tweak. I'm just now learning xfi, tring to figure out whats my next move is. Also i'm not sure if the startup program i just recieved is decent or not. I didn't come to look for handouts,i just want to get on the ball and get started. i need work my way to good street program.

Allright here is a starting list I am sure I have missed some steps. Hopefully you have a decent start-up program from your vendor.

Verify the global and fuel calc parameters are correct
Verify all sensors are calibrated & reading correctly
Verify the Spark, VE, and A/F tables are scaled correctly
with the correct values
Start the car
Verify Timing & set the Crank Referance angle
Tune the idle and set the throttle opening (then recalibrate TPS)

This is just a basic checklist. If you don't have a good startup program you will need to go in a program every screen.

Yep peice of cake they do sell a dvd for the xfi tells you things you might not no.good luck.Cal got my new motor done see you at B.G. bud.The old et, times are about to change.Happy Holidays.

ok I'll double check calibration of sensors,but how do know if tables are scaled right? Sorry if my questions are common knowledge to you guys. I quess ill be studying the fast site for awhile..

CAL YOU MAKE SEEM SO EASY.I SENT YOU AN E-MAIL FOR A START UP PROGRAM,NEVER HEARD ANYTHING:confused: I ALSO CALLED A COUPLE TIMES BUT YOU WERE A LITTLE BUSY.I UNDERSTAND WHEN YOUR A TUNING GURU YOU GET A LITTLE BUSY.ANYWAYS IT WOULD BE GREAT IF I CAN GET A FILE E-MAILED.THANKS LET ME KNOW.

CAL YOU MAKE SEEM SO EASY.I SENT YOU AN E-MAIL FOR A START UP PROGRAM,NEVER HEARD ANYTHING:confused: I ALSO CALLED A COUPLE TIMES BUT YOU WERE A LITTLE BUSY.I UNDERSTAND WHEN YOUR A TUNING GURU YOU GET A LITTLE BUSY.ANYWAYS IT WOULD BE GREAT IF I CAN GET A FILE E-MAILED.THANKS LET ME KNOW.
You bought the system from Cal and he didn't give you a statup program with it?
It may already be installed.

hellow here to help

ok I'll double check calibration of sensors,but how do know if tables are scaled right? Sorry if my questions are common knowledge to you guys. I quess ill be studying the fast site for awhile..
ok send me your afr.table ve table timing table and how much o2 correction do you have at an idle there are cold start table as well and after start fuel so we will start off with the first 3 ;)

go to your dash board tell us what your o2 correction is and look at your ve number and air fuel ratio and timing

ok Here it is , if im doing this right.o2 corr.-0.0 ve #43.9 a/f ratio floats aropund 10.50 spark btdc is 25.50 also sent u an email turbot990

ok whats your target afr.if that is 10.5 theres your problem change it to 14.2 and see how it reacts and ve might want alittle less another thing is there is a table that is cranking fuel and after start fuel you might need to play with that for some reason your very rich at idle and you should in the 14s at idle you should be showing an o2 correction make sure your o2 is on do you have 2 little green lights that are red first and then green that tells you its on if you feel funny about talking here you can call me.765-284-9744 what fuel are you running.

ok check your cranking fuel and after start fuel and make sure the o2 is on.and you can move down the ve numbers were the little courser is setting make 4 boxes the same number but lower.

I Actually Purchased It From You Otto About 2 Years Ago.when I Received It It Had A Hartline Perf. Invoice.maybeyou Can Help Guide Me?

I Actually Purchased It From You Otto About 2 Years Ago.when I Received It It Had A Hartline Perf. Invoice.maybeyou Can Help Guide Me?
Absolutely,Ill pm you my number.gimme a call tomorrow.
I didn't recognize the screename.

Back