FAST users, inj opening time??

Superskwrl

What are you running for injector opening time,what size injector,N/A or boosted?

I've got 36lb inj's on a 5.0 turbo'd mustang, any ideas on what i should have for the injector opening time, its now 1.0 and i checked the inj harness with a "noid" light and @ idle it flash's at machine gun speed?

Thanks

An electronic fuel injector is an electro-mechanical device and subject to a mechanical latency from the time the electrical signal arrives at the coil until the pintle fully lifts off the seat. The delay is inversely proportional to battery voltage and is typically 1mS at ~13 VDC for the most common automotive injectors. The "Injector Opening Time" offset (after any battery voltage correction) will always be added to the gross injector pulsewidth to compensate for the latency.

As far as a noid light flashing at "machine gun speed", a single injector in bank-to-bank mode will flash once every 360 degrees of engine rotation in a V8. At an idle of 750 RPM for instance, the light should be flashing at 12.5 Hz (80mS period).

Thanks for the through response, is there any reason to alter the inj open time from 1.if so why would one do that? I've seen some programs where the # was less than 1 on cars that were tuned by pro's

Thanks Again