You can type here any text you want

FAST w/ USB Adapter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6 Beast

Under Pressure
Anyone successfully using fast and USB to Serial port adapter? If so what kind of adapter. I have a belkin that XP reconizes as a serial port but I can't connect to ECU. I can connect with my other laptop that has a built-in serial port so I know it is the adapter.

Sully

You probably will need to manually change the COM port settings in XP to COM1 or COM2 for the USB port you are trying to use. The FAST system only lets you connect on COM 1 or 2 ( you get to choose in the FAST software which one you would like to use) and I have noticed that usually most laptop's USB ports default the COM port settings to a higher setting then that. My USB ports in my laptop were using COM 11 and COM 12 by default, so I changed one of them to COM 2 and then everything worked perfectly. Good Luck with your problem, John

Thanks for the reply. You can actually set FAST up for coms 1-4. But that is not the problem since I set both FAST and the serial port on com 2.

One of the Belkin adapters will not work, don't know exactly why, but it won't. Can't remember the part # off hand. I believe IOGear sells one that works, got it from Best Buy for a customer. Also FAST sells one.

Originally posted by berrelauto
One of the Belkin adapters will not work, don't know exactly why, but it won't. Can't remember the part # off hand. I believe IOGear sells one that works, got it from Best Buy for a customer. Also FAST sells one.

Yea it's the #F5U109. I tried all the stuff I know of and never could get it to work. Went and bought another brand and it works fine.

Back