You can type here any text you want

Fast XFI _ Failing Fuel Pump or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That's the trouble I had..... It would not pick up the tac signal.

Tried it off the XFI.. tried it off the working shift light.. Nada. Nothing. It just sat on low speed.

Tach Signal GMR Pickup, PN 8918 MSD page

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/100/121/121-8918.pdf (Instructions)

I put this on and then it was able to pick the signal up. I put a test light on the main power wire going to pump.. .the test light would be dim at idle.. then when I had a friend slowly rev up the engine it would kick on high...
Remove black plug and use a small screw driver to turn the dial inside till it comes on at the RPM you want it to. Mine's at 3200. Under that it's on low speed.
Hope that helps,
Scott

Good Info

That's the trouble I had..... It would not pick up the tac signal.

Tried it off the XFI.. tried it off the working shift light.. Nada. Nothing. It just sat on low speed.

Tach Signal GMR Pickup, PN 8918 MSD page

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/100/121/121-8918.pdf (Instructions)

I put this on and then it was able to pick the signal up. I put a test light on the main power wire going to pump.. .the test light would be dim at idle.. then when I had a friend slowly rev up the engine it would kick on high...
Remove black plug and use a small screw driver to turn the dial inside till it comes on at the RPM you want it to. Mine's at 3200. Under that it's on low speed.
Hope that helps,
Scott

Good information, thanks!

What about the manual over ride? Could'nt you just toggole that with the XFI?

I know on my old fast system you could trigger it with the Nitrous side of the program. Come on at 3xxx rpm or something.

I know the XFI has more outputs than my old FAST.

I'll have to look at the xfi software for the wife's Typhoon.

~Scott

I know on my old fast system you could trigger it with the Nitrous side of the program. Come on at 3xxx rpm or something.

I know the XFI has more outputs than my old FAST.

I'll have to look at the xfi software for the wife's Typhoon.

~Scott

Right.
My plan is to trigger it with auxilary output from the t-pro. I'm going to try and use boost. Say 1 psi. ;)

The XFI sends out a ground signal not a 12 volt signal.
You could use the XFI trigger the over ride "SWT" wire.

Like Otto said, the XFI outputs are grounds. You can use these grounded outputs to trigger a relay which would send power to your intended positive source.

There are 4 aux outputs that I am aware of in the XFI.

1: set by TPS% thresh hold and RPM threshold

2: set by TPS% threshold and Map Threshold

3: set by TPS% thresh hold and CTS (*f) threshold

4: set by TPS% thresh hold and MPH threshold

on all of the above both paremeters must be met before the XFI will activate the groundoutput.

Good Info

Excellent information, I was actually looking into this last night.

After I found the feed from my autometer tach won't work and the pump was never seeing high speed.

Now it looks like my fuel is straight, now for timing.

I suppose that deserves another post which I hate to do because we have such an excellent audience here.

I'll have a stock sumped tank for sale in a couple of weeks. I just picked up a new aluminum fuel tank.
Conrad
Hot Air
E85 Moderator

Put me at the head of the line

I'll have a stock sumped tank for sale in a couple of weeks. I just picked up a new aluminum fuel tank.
Conrad
Hot Air
E85 Moderator

Definitely put me at the head of the line for this.

Then maybe finally I can take a ride.

The problem with welding on the stock tank, there is a coating inside. Once you weld on it, the coating is burned off. The tank will then rust internally. :eek:

Interesting dilemma, but I am sure with a little thought this can be resolved.

Back