You can type here any text you want

Fast xfi wideband o2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

Once you install the fast xfi wideband o2 sensor does the factory narrow band stop being used ? Meaning will the factory o2 matter anymore on readings ?

Also if I dont put the iat sensor in the manifold and just leave it in the filter where I have it at now how bad will it effect the tune ?Can I get by for now in the filter ?

Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You need to put the wideband sensor in the down pipe about 1 foot downstream from the turbo. The the IAT sensor is usually best in the plenum. But that's my opinion.

The factory O2 isn't used anymore. You can leave the IAT in the stock location just to fire the car up. You need to move it before you tune it.

Hey Cal how off will the tune be ? Will the car idle and drive fine with the iat in the filter, or only when the computer sees boost is when it will through the tune off ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It will idle and drive fine with it in the wrong spot because the WBO2 will correct the errors. This sensor doesn't just cause the tune to go wrong at WOT, it will also throw it off at idle because it can't see a heat soaked intake. Like I printed in the directions that came with the XFI, the sensor needs to be moved to get the tune dialed in correctly. You can leave it in the stock location and the WBO2 can absorb most of the error, but I prefer to get the tune right. That's why we buy this system in the first place.

Just do it as outlined if you want it to perform as it should...I drilled and tapped my lower intake so it can be out of sight... it will make for a cleaner look and still function properly (reading the temp of the air right before it enters the head)...
It is a more accurate measurement:D
-Dan

Back