You can type here any text you want

Fastest Hyper Pistons you know of.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Which is going to hold more heat? I'm really asking because I don't know.

Hypers hold more in the top of the piston based on alloy. Good for efficiency, not good with a detonation prone engine.

Do they hold more heat than forged or cast?

I dont know specifically how much heat each holds. The heavier the more heat it will hold typically but that is not as important as the actual design. The stock piston is fairly heavy but they had to make it that way to avoid pin scuffing and grabbing with pistons that had less material in the top. I know that hypers which are cast, hold more heat in the cylinder, expand very little, and will not tolerate much detonation. They are for efficiency no perofrmance. The stock LC2 eutectic casting is a superior design to any of the aftermarket castings eutectic or hyper. Id even rec the stock pistons over a cheap off the shelf forging. They are proven performers and the engineers spec'd them the way they are for a reason.

11.72@120mph in a 4.1 stock crank! Still got room for more, my trans cant handle anymore. boost 21psi.

not a buick but i had a 350 chevy with 12.2 to 1 dome summit hypers that i sprayed 300 shot of nitrous on for 3 years straight every other weekend 4 or 5 passes each time plus street racing and never had a problem with them.motor is in a 4x4 blazer still running.not apples to apples but im sure the material that the pistons would be made from would be the same.

not a buick but i had a 350 chevy with 12.2 to 1 dome summit hypers that i sprayed 300 shot of nitrous on for 3 years straight every other weekend 4 or 5 passes each time plus street racing and never had a problem with them.motor is in a 4x4 blazer still running.not apples to apples but im sure the material that the pistons would be made from would be the same.

What times did the car run?

it ran 10.60 at 135 the only time it went to a quarter mile track with the 350. engine was a 350 with double hump heads,525 solid lift comp cam,vic junior intake and 750 vac sec carb with the light spring, stock bottom end except those pistons and arp rod bolts and main studs. it even had the blue felpro head gaskets that come in the rebuild kit lol. had a top gun 100 to 500 hp nitrous kit that i ran at 300. car weight 3000 pounds.had a glide with a brake and a 4000 stall, 4.11 gears and mikey thompson et street tires. it was my vega before i did any work to it. it did have a best 8th mile time of 6.45 but most the time it went 6.60s in the 8th.

Back